PDA

View Full Version : Mac TT weight minimum?

ADK
07-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Does anyone know if there is a practical minimum weight limit on the Twin Traveller? The Maclaren website says, "Suitable from Birth" but our newly arrived twins are not huge (5-1/2 & 6-1/2 pounds) and don't seem to fit well.

Perhaps the Snuzzler would be in order? Oddly enough, the Snuzzler made the car seats (Graco Snugrides) seem too tight, specifically to maneuver their arms into the straps.

Or then again maybe the double Snap N Go will be used exclusively until they get a little bigger...

TIA!

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Just to let u know. Snuzzlers can NOT be used in carseats. It is not safe to put aftermarket products onto car seats. I would suggest putting the snuzzlers into the stroller. If your dc still do not seem to fit well you could roll up recieving blankets to put on either side of their bodies to stabilize them a little more. As well you can purchase these head protectors which make the seat seem a little more cozy. I put a link for them at the bottom. Although they say that they are safe for use in a carseat this is not true.I would reccomend using the Mac TT rather than the snap and go because it is not good for babies to be in their infant carriers for extended periods of time. If you are just running in and out of a store i understand completely it takes a long time to buckle 2 babies out of their carseats and into their stroller but if you are lets say going to walk around the mall or if you are going somewhere for longer than like 20 minutes i would reccomend taking your babies out of their carseats. It is just so much better for them to be laying flat rather than in their scrunchy carseats.

Sry this got so long. hope it helps some. let us know if you have any more questions.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000083JTJ/qid=1122614433/br=1-7/ref=br_lf_ba_7//103-2289260-0179812?v=glance&s=baby&n=542454

ADK
07-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Thanks for replying but your post had way too much attitude and agenda for me. Information shared can be helpful, but it loses any value when it is preached.

As for the Snuzzlers, they are crash tested with car seats and safe for that use.

07-29-2005, 12:40 AM
I am sorry that you were offended by what i said. It was all suggestions and my opinion.
Also what snuzzlers do you have? I would be really interested to find some that are safe to use in carseats. I have never heard of any that are safe for carseat use.

Im sorry that i was not helpful to you

kellyotn
07-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Congrats on the twins! Wow. :-)

I lurk A LOT over on the car seat board. I'm just a car seat nerd for some reason. The certified car seat saftey techs over there do indeed say not to use anything in a car seat that was not made by and approved by the manufacturer of the car seat - Snuzzlers included. I've seen them specifically mentioned over there recently. Since you said you didn't like how they fit, its a moot point anyways, but it is the "party line" I guess. :-) Lots of aftermarket products are crash tested, but no one can say to what standard blah blah blah. So, even though the reality is they may be fine, the techs say "just say no". Unless its made by Graco for the Snugride, skip 'em.

I'm not preaching, I swear. ;-) Tone is such a hard thing to gauge online. Its still up to you to use them or not. :-) But, I just wanted to let you know what I've seen on the topic from people more qualified to say than I.

I'd use the Snuzzlers in the Mac TT. I'm sure they do seem swallowed up in the Mac! But it reclines nicely and I bet with the Snuzzlers they are nice and cozy.

I have two different aged kids in the Mac TT. People are always disappointed when they come up from the back or the side "to see the twins" and realized its not twins! ha ha. Guess it just looks like a stroller twins should be in. You'll get a lot of use out of it, my oldest is nearly 3 and still rides very well in it.

Congrats again!

MamaParis
07-29-2005, 11:46 AM
I'd put the snuzzlers in the stroller and definatley keep them out of the carseats.

Not preaching (nor do i think the PP was either) but Snuzzlers are NOT to be used in the carseats. They are NOT crash tested by Graco or any other carseat manufaturer and using them will void your warranty and all liability they have to you and the seats you have.

The problem with them is that they are thick and they go behind the baby - so in the event of an accident they can compress and make the harness much looser than you think it is and that can throw the baby forward and hurt the baby a good deal.

Also, keeping a child in a infant carseat for more than 20 minutes outside of it being necessary ( ie in the car) is not recommended. Its linked to flat heads, breathing diffuculties and low oxygen absorbtion (which will affect preemies and smaller babies more than anyone).

JMO ...

Paris

ADK
07-29-2005, 12:21 PM
>>The problem with them is that they are thick and they go behind the baby

The thick padding on the Snuzzler is only on the sides, NOT in back of the baby.

I also am amused by how some people (not you) go on about the safety risks of certain items (mirrors, toys, etc.) and yet have no problem putting rolled up towels next to a baby, which could be just a big a suffocation risk as other things are, for example, a projectile risk.

07-29-2005, 12:35 PM
I do not know if this post was about me but i was suggesting using the blankets in the stroller ONLY not the carseats. I am really sorry if i offended someone i just wanted to share all the information i have learnt with someone else. It is my opinion you can do with it what you like.

sry again

sry computer problems

sry more computer problems