PDA

View Full Version : Waltz or Quest? Help, please!!!!!!

lmwbasye
07-29-2005, 07:21 PM
First of all, thank you so much to those that helped me in my previous post. I am now down to the Waltz or the Quest. Here is how we will use it:

1. We already have a P3 as our regular stroller and LOVE it! So does DS, which is great. (Aria...he hates)

2. This stroller is mom's stroller for everyday. Live in suburbia, so do not have to deal with public transportation, sidewalks, etc. Just out of car and into store, etc.

3. Would like to use for travel over P3. The P3 is okay for travel, but of course, would like something lighter. However, we are military and when we travel a few times a year, it is usually for at least two weeks. In that time, it is our only stroller, for whatever we are doing, including walks. I'm worried the Quest really wouldn't stand up to it.

I'm leaning towards the Waltz but am worried about the extra 3 pounds that it weighs. I do like that it has a better basket, much better canopy (we currently live in the Sun City and I hate literally running from the car to the store with my Aria to get DS out of the sun), and their customer service is supposed to be awesome. (I've seen a lot of people complain about canopies and the like breaking on Quest and having problems fixing it.) Am a bit concerned about Waltz's lake of foot rest extender that Quest has.

So, what do you think? I'm a FTM here and desperate for help.

Thanks in advance. You guys are awesome!!

Laura :)

Liam (10/21)

lmwbasye
07-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Anyone there?

Susann
07-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I still would go with the Quest over the Waltz. 3 lbs is a lot, when it's about lifting it in and out the car.

I use a Kiddopotamus RayShade ($15 at BRU) for extra shade. It can be folded with the stroller, so once it's on you can keep it on.

But if you feel really strongly that you want the Waltz and you feel it's for _any_ reason nicer than the Quest, go for it.

Most people seem to be very happy with the Quest, though. I have owned about 30 + strollers and the Quest is the only one I haven't found a reason to get rid of. My DD loves it. She is ok with me selling and trading strollers but she cries when she thinks that I'm selling the Quest.

Susann

emilyf
07-31-2005, 09:01 AM
I love my zooper (it's an older z-street) but think the waltz would be pretty redundant with a p3. I'm not sure of the exact weight, but I don't think it's that much lighter or more portable than a p3.
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

jendalymd
07-31-2005, 04:50 PM
I have a Kate Spade Quest and we love it. We use it for almost everything. We took it to Italy and Amsterdam. My husband uses it everyday on the T (subway, we live in Boston) to take DS to daycare. We use it all the time. We also have a Mountain Buggy Urban Single for long walks, light jogging, winter.

I think everyone should have a quest.
that's my 2 cents,
Jennifer