PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find this stroller?

remote1823
07-29-2005, 09:56 PM
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/602-1984481-3007850?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0006ZORJY

The Target website is the only place I've seen it and it's been out of stock every time I've ever looked. I've never even heard of this brand but I went to their website (just guessed it off the top of my head) and it's not even on their website???

Any ideas?

spanannie
07-29-2005, 09:58 PM
It's not on the market yet. You can buy a Marco Sky or a Safety 1st Transit Tandem that is similar.

I'd like to get my hands on this one too.

remote1823
07-29-2005, 10:01 PM
WEll darn. Where can I get the Safety 1st? That is actually the one I saw in a magazine -- I was googling that one and came across this one...I thought it was the one I was looking for but realized I was wrong...

remote1823
07-29-2005, 10:03 PM
wow, i just googled marco sky and came up with almost nothing...

remote1823
07-29-2005, 10:06 PM
OK, found 2 on Ebay but shipping is outrageous.

Found the safety 1st on Ebay...anywhere else I can look?

carolines mommy
07-30-2005, 02:38 AM
I bought a NIB Marco Sky L off ebay for $280. Used our own UPS account because she said shipping would be $65 but with UPS it was only about $20. The woman I bought it from is getting more in next month and the new colors in October.

I think www.specialtybaby.com still has some Safety First tandems available (found this out after I bought my Marco Sky). The compass isn't due out until Sept at this point.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05

remote1823
07-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Do you like the Marco Sky? Do you remember who you bought it from?

Do you think the Safety 1st is an OK stroller? I hate not being able to see it in person, especially since it's Safety 1st -- I can't really think of any of their products that I love. Maybe if it was Britax or Maclaren I'd be a little more quick to buy without trying.

spanannie
07-30-2005, 08:46 AM
Here's the Safety 1st http://www.specialtybaby.com/sa1sttrtasf0.html

I feel your frustration, since I just went through this same problem of finding the "perfect" double stroller. I didn't get the closure I was looking for, but did end up buying the Phil and Ted's e3. It's currently on it's way.

Do you have the e3? I know where you can get a FABULOUS deal right now.

remote1823
07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm kinda new to this double stroller thing...what's an E3? Where can I get it?

So you will have that and the Marco? Does that mean you didn't like the Marco since you bought a second double.

I was hoping to avoid the double since my son is almost 3 but he just will not stay with me.

spanannie
07-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Phil & Ted's E3 is a single stroller (3 wheel) with an additional seat that you can attach to the back. I just ordered one, but I haven't rec'd it yet.

I do not have a Marco Sky, but considered it. I have a Mac 05 Rally Twin, which does not suit us. We first had a Tandem Graco Duo Glider (Yuck).

This is how I purchased my E3:
register at http://www.ebates.com
search for shop.com
search e3 at shop.com
click on "baby: 11 matches for e3"
click on
Phil & Ted's Explorer Newborn & Toddler Jogging Stroller Version 2 - OUT OF STOCK from Babies 1st
order stroller and toddler seat
Black and Blue are in stock (at least, when I ordered); there's a wait for red
when you check out put in code "shop25"
so:
$299 + $79 - $18.90 (rebate on the stroller and seat) - $5.00 (cash back for signing up with ebates) - $25 (coupon code) = $329.10 = AWESOME deal

If you have not joined ebates and plan on taking advantage of this deal, please put me as the person who referred you : spanannie @ austin . rr . com (no spaces)

Thanks!

kualakaper
07-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Thought I would add my two cents regarding strollers....

I just bought the Phil & Ted's E3 V2 and totally love it! I highly recommend this stroller for one or two kids. I have five strollers altogether, and if I had gotten this one first, I wouldn't have had any need to bother with the others! My kids are 2 1/2 and 8 months and I must say it's quite a perfect stroller - can't say enough good about it! It's even great for one kid - and you can use it right from when they are newborns as it folds down completely flat for them!

If I could improve one thing it would be the storage area. There is a small space below, but can be tricky to get to when you have kid number 2 below or have the seat in newborn mode. I just attached an extra diaper bag to the handle and it works rather well. They do sell panier bags for this stroller - has anyone bought them? Do you like them? Very minor detail though in comparison to how much I really enjoy this stroller!

I can't imagine being too disappointed with this stroller if you were to buy it sight unseen. Your three year old I'm sure would be comfy in it, I've seen pics with kids up to five years old. www.comfort1st.com often has them for the best price I've seen, as well as accessories. If you're looking for this in Canada try: www.kiddytown.ca or www.babyshack.com/

Happy Strolling...

Kuala Kaper

remote1823
07-30-2005, 12:00 PM
THanks! That does look like a great deal. I already have an Ebates account but my husband doesn't -- I'll sign him up for the extra $5 bonus and say you referred him.

One more question...will this work as a jogging stroller, just around our neighborhood? I'm wondering because I think I'm going to make myself sell a few of the strollers I already have before I spend this much on a new one...and my double jogger would be the first to go.

I have 29 Ebay auctions ending today...I just might make enough to pay for it... :)

carolines mommy
07-31-2005, 01:00 AM
I do like the Marco Sky. I have used it a few times so far. I also think the SF stoller is a good stroller for quick trips, travelling, etc and would be worth the money to have a small folding tandem around. I think the MS handles really well, I like the higher back on the front seat (safety first's front seat was shorter) and it folds fairly easily once you get the hang of it. The rear seat reclines much more than the safety first stroller which is nice to have with a little one. DD2 sits up nice and high so she can see right over dd1's head. I like the viewing window in the canopy that allows me to see dd2. Safety first's seemed to be in an awkward position on the canopy I seemed to be looking at dd2s feet. I did like the better ventilation for the rear seat of the SF and I really liked the cushy handles of the SF. The fold on it also seemed smoother but my MS may just be "new stroller tight" right now. The MS weight limit is 33 pounds per seat though where the SF is 40 pounds. I only needed this stroller for travelling and maybe for when I know I'll need to take a stroller, but still have lots of storage space in the back of my van so it will serve its purpose. I'll keep my Peg Tender Twin for my mall and neighborhood walk stroller. Oh, I also like how the fabric can be removed and washed on the MS. I think the baskets on both strollers are useless! I bought it from ebay seller qwendykay. Her name is Wendy French.

Erika

spanannie
07-31-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks! I appreciate the referral!

I sure hope it will function well as a jogging stroller, as I am planning to sell my single and double jogger, since I will have this one.

remote1823
07-31-2005, 10:29 AM
The more I look at it, I think it will work as a jogger. We hate the one we have already so it sure can't be worse. :)

emmasmama
07-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Baby Outfitters (www.baby-outfitters.com) is supposed to have the Compass Tandem any time now. I'm not sure how this is since it's not due out for another month or so yet, but that's what I heard about a week ago. I'm planning on checking in with them to see if it has arrived yet.

HTH!

carolines mommy
08-01-2005, 01:40 AM
Hmmm, I just called Compass last week and the rep said they won't be out until September. I also called Baby outfitters and the rep there told me it would be in within a couple of weeks, but he also told me they wouldn't be getting more Transit Twins but when I checked their website apparently they did.

Erika

emmasmama
08-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe they just don't have their website updated on the Transit Twin because they also told my friend they weren't getting any more when she called.

remote1823
08-06-2005, 09:36 PM
THEY'RE GONE!!! :(

I just went to order and they're gone. :(

Any other ideas?

spanannie
08-06-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorry you missed out...guess they realized that they were the only ones offering the old price, when a rush of people started hounding them for strollers.

I don't know of any other deals currently, but will keep my eyes out for them.