PDA

View Full Version : What should I get for a secondary, lighter-weight stroller?

mamica
07-29-2005, 10:33 PM
I've finally decided on the Perego A3 for my stroller, but I can't decide if I should get a lighter-weight, umbrella-type stroller...or actually, WHICH one I should get.

I do like the Pliko P3, but is that obnoxious to get since I'm getting the A3 as my main stroller? What about the Aria? I like Zippy too, I just don't know what to do! I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

DAKnits
07-30-2005, 12:38 AM
I used the Peg Venezia exclusively until my daughter was 10 months old. A lighter weight stroller would not have given her the features she needed in those early months (full recline, reversible handlebar, bassinet feature, child tray/napper bar, big hood, big basket for me).

At ten months, I wanted something less bulky BUT my DD still needed a lot of the same features the Venezia had. I thought it would be rediculous to get the P3 as the "next" stroller for the same reasons you do. BUT I am soooo glad I got it! I didn't have to give up any of the features (we use ALL of them still and she;ll be a year in two weeks, and we'll need those features for a long time).

However, if I were you, I would NOT buy it now, I would wait until

(1) you see how you like using your A3 and what features your baby likes in the stroller (for example, you may find that your baby doesn't need a child tray, and that you would be fine getting a Mac Quest as a lightweight, or you may find you really want a child tray, a la P3)

(2) you may find that new versions of the stroller with better features may be available by the time you need it.

DisneyLovnMom
07-30-2005, 01:37 AM
>I've finally decided on the Perego A3 for my stroller, but I
>can't decide if I should get a lighter-weight, umbrella-type
>stroller...or actually, WHICH one I should get.
>
>I do like the Pliko P3, but is that obnoxious to get since I'm
>getting the A3 as my main stroller? What about the Aria? I
>like Zippy too, I just don't know what to do! I'd love to
>hear your thoughts and suggestions!

The A3 is my only stroller in the car, it's my do it all stroller. It's not much different in weight than the P3 or Zippy too. I'd use the A3 and if you feel you need a second stroller go from there, but the A3 does really well in most situations!

essnce629
07-30-2005, 02:26 AM
I'd also suggest waiting on getting a lightweight stroller. The stroller I still use most often (95% of the time) is my Peg Atlantico (which is similar to the A3) and my son will be 2 next month! For my lightweight "quick trip" stroller I have a Chicco Tuscany which I bought when my son was about 10 months old and I already knew what features were important to me (adjustable footrest, doesn't tip, recline, etc). I think I've gone through 11 strollers since my son was born and these are the only 2 I've kept and I have been extremely happy with them (which is why I rarely come over to these boards any more :)).

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif 23 months & counting! http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

mamica
07-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks so much for the advice!