PDA

View Full Version : What do I buy to walk my infant around the block in?

veronica
07-30-2005, 09:51 AM
I plan on getting the Graco SR and would like it to fit in the stroller for quick trips but would need the full recline to walk around the neighborhood in. We have regular roads and sidewalks. After all the posts, I am not leaning towards the metrolite travel system but would it do? We have an Aria for once the baby is 6months plus so this new stroller would probably stay around the house for walks only or longer trips. I would like not to break the bank on this!

mariza
07-30-2005, 03:13 PM
You can use the Aria with the carseat for quick trips as a travel system. I have the P3 and use my Snugride with it for quick errands all the time. For neighborhood walks, I recently got the Zooper Zoop Air from overstockbaby.com which I love, but it is very bulky and stays in my garage. You may want to look at one of the Quinnys on Walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.gsp?search_constraint=0&search_query=quinny&ics=20&ico=0
I've read good things about them and they are very reasonably priced.
Of course, you can check out the new model Zoopers too which come with lots of extra's and are pretty reasonable priced. HTH!

mariza
07-30-2005, 03:13 PM
You can use the Aria with the carseat for quick trips as a travel system. I have the P3 and use my Snugride with it for quick errands all the time. For neighborhood walks, I recently got the Zooper Zoop Air from overstockbaby.com which I love, but it is very bulky and stays in my garage. You may want to look at one of the Quinnys on Walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.gsp?search_constraint=0&search_query=quinny&ics=20&ico=0
I've read good things about them and they are very reasonably priced.
Of course, you can check out the new model Zoopers too which come with lots of extra's and are pretty reasonable priced. HTH!

ellies mom
07-31-2005, 09:59 AM
If the Aria can take an infant seat, than another option could be Baby Trends Expedition LE. It is a jogging stroller with a full recline and it comes with the Baby Trend car seat. So it will work for walking around the neighborhood. We have it and have no real complaints. Although, if I could do it again, I'd get one with the swivel front wheel, such as the Instep or Schwinn Safari. They don't take a car seat but do recline. They are also under $200, so I think they are the most affordable of the bunch.