PDA

View Full Version : Hand-me down twin Aria

KrisM
08-01-2005, 01:40 PM
My SIL has offered me her old double, which is an older model of the Twin Aria, according to her. Right now, I have one kid, but we're working on another. I have a Chicco Tuscany that I really like.

Do you think the Twin Aria would be something I would like in the future? I've never seen one IRL and am unsure of what I want in a double. I do know I'll probably get some type of jogger double for neighborhood use. This would be for mall use and kept in the car. Does it fit well in a trunk of a sedan?

She has another friend who will take it if I don't, so I don't want to say Yes just because it's free. What do you all think?

amp
08-01-2005, 01:59 PM
I can't speak to the old model, and I/we don't own a double yet, but we'be been checking them out in case we do decide to get one. I was set to go with a cheaper model (Chicco), but DH has stated that if we do get a double, he wants the Twin Aria, because he feels it's a better stroller and more sturdy. That's just one man's opinion, but I figured I'd share it with you. I love the way it looks and handles in the store, but hated the price. So I'd about give my left arm for a freebie....almost.

kellyotn
08-01-2005, 02:15 PM
How old is your child? I can only speak for last years model, but I tried out the Aria Twin when my DD was just over 2 and about 30 pounds. She looked to be busting out of it. Its also very short, so tall kids may not fit well. And, I've heard they are hard to steer when the kids are both heavy or of greatly differing weights. But, for errands, the occasional mall trip, etc. it'd be ok I guess. Especially at that "price". ;-)

I'd try your oldest in it now and see what you think. Its WONDERFULLY light and very nice, but it just didn't meet my needs. I wanted something sturdy and that would fit for a long time. I got a Mac TT, FWIW. I have used it both as a car stroller and for neighborhood walks. On good sidewalks, it works fine to walk up to the store or something. I now have an outdoor stroller for "workout" walking, but used the TT quite a bit for outdoor walking before I got the other stroller.

Maybe by the time you need it, the other friend will be done with it?

KrisM
08-01-2005, 03:56 PM
DS is 15 months now and would be at least 2 years when #2 gets here. He's already 26 lbs and 32 inches tall.

Unfortunately, it's about 750 miles away, so we can't try it. She'd hold onto it for us until we go out east again. Maybe I can find it at a store. Does BRU carry these?

kellyotn
08-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I've seen them at 2 or 3 different BRU's, so you should be able to see one there. I just don't have any idea how they've changed over the years. How big did her kids use it until?

Honestly, I think it'd work fine for anything indoor, esp for free! ;-) If you were buying it brand new, I'd think hard about it longevity-wise especially with a large older child.

If you'll be getting a different one for outdoors later, its worth a go. More $ to spend on that one! ha ha. Maybe let the other friend use it with the stipulation that you'll need it later?? In a year or so, she might be done with it too. (Unless she doesn't need it yet either?)

I'm babbling, but I hope that helps!

amp
08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Yes, BRU carries at least one color, so you could try it out in person.