PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been unhappy with their Valco Runabout Twin??

annasmom
08-01-2005, 01:50 PM
I am interested in hearing any complaints/opinions from Valco owners. Also, many times when comparing the Valco Twin and the MBUD people refer to the fact that the Valco is much longer than the MBUD, and conclude therefore that the Valco must be harder to manueveur in tight spots. Do Valco owners find this to be true?? THANK YOU!!

sbeck212
08-01-2005, 02:37 PM
We have the valco runabout twin with toddler seat and love it. I can't say that I really compared it to the mountain buggy that much b/c we really needed the 3rd seat. It pushes great, the kids love being able to sit all the way upright and I find it very easy to maneuver- I don't really take it into that many stores with small aisles (b/c I don't take my kids with me to those places in general)

The only thing I don't like is the seats collect crumbs easily- b/c the seats have a meshlike fabric overlaying them.

Hope this helps

Jordana:
Mom of
Daniel 5/17/02
Jacob 4/9/04
Zachary 4/9/04

Andrea5flk
08-01-2005, 05:55 PM
I did not like mine at all. It was horrible to open and close, and i have a gash n my arm from the uneven metal edges on the inside.

JMHO, no yelling at me.

I got a mbud after it and have had it for over a year and a half, a stroller record for me. I love it!!

catfeet
08-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't find the Valco Twin hard to negociate at all. It can do a complete 180 degree spin in it's own space, so if you can fit into a space, it'll spin. This has come in handy with elevators. The problem, if there is one, is usually what to do with my own body when I'm spinning the stroller!

HTH,
Ann

catfeet
08-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Sorry, meant to say 360 degrees.

Ann