PDA

View Full Version : Am I totally going to regret going with the Quest instead of Volo?

jkpalotay
08-02-2005, 01:44 AM
Already own the P3, need a lightweight. I've been watching the great deals on the 2004's, and just can't resist! ;) The Quest I like is the Pewter Check. This is grey/black, right? And does it have 'Maclaren' printed down the side of it? It's a little hard to make out in the pics I've found. This is for my two year old, who still occasionally naps in the stroller. Please help! Thanks, again.

Kelli

knaidel
08-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I have a 2004 Quest. It does say "maclaren" down the side, and you're correct about the color.
I don't think you're going to regret the quest over the volo, especially if your DC naps occasionaly.

HTH.

annasmom
08-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi, I don't have any experience with the Volo, but people really seem to love them. That being said, I do have a 2004 Quest. I got it because I wanted something really lightweight and I needed the recline still. I do not think that you will regret getting it instead of the Volo because it really is a light stroller and as the PP stated, if your dc still naps, the recline can come in handy!

neeter
08-03-2005, 03:31 PM
We have the P3, and recently got the Volo (after much debate). I'm really glad we have this combo - we use the P3 for longer excursions and mall trips. We use the Volo for quick stops, such as to the library, post office, walking to the pool, etc. We didn't need the recline feature for these quick stops, and DS seems to love it (he wants to climb in all the time, so we have to keep it folded up and in the car!), so I think we have the best of both with the P3 and Volo.

It sort of depends if you plan on continuing to use the P3 (if so, Volo will probably work for you) or if you want to replace it altogether (then probably the Quest because of the extra padding and recline).

Good luck!

Bsuperbmom
08-03-2005, 05:31 PM
I have a P3 and have also tried two Quests. I think the P3 and Quest are different enough. I am not by nature drawn to small strollers. I like the recline, canopy, basket, bigger wheels etc that mid sized or full sized one offers. I feel a little naked when I am using a Mac (Techno, a possible exception) so if your 2 year old is still napping I think you will like the Quest. It is the same footprint as a Volo (size open for getting thru spaces and crowds) and the same lenght folded tho it's heavier. Some Moms have added a Combi Strap to it for over the shoulder carring, if that's something you liked in the Volo.

jkpalotay
08-03-2005, 10:29 PM
That's a great idea! Can I order a Combi Strap from the company's website? TIA :)

kep
08-07-2005, 12:57 AM
bump...

Mommy to my beautiful little boy, Luke
(April 2003)

Completly obsessed with strollers, carseats, slings, basicly all baby gear...