PDA

View Full Version : What's a good double jogger for someone 5'1"?

dianat
08-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi-
I am looking for a decent double jogger for someone 5'1". I got a Tike tech double trouble( with the fixed handlebar) which is a great stroller-it's just too hard to run with because it is too tall for me. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks so much !
-Diana

hipmaman
08-03-2005, 06:31 AM
No specific brand in mind this morning, but I would suggest to look for one with adjustable handle so you can lower it to your preferred height.

I'm not sure if the Dreamer Design, Kool Stride, BOB, Baby Jogger, Chariot/Trek have adjustable handle or not but they are good running strollers.

kellyotn
08-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I have the same problem at 5'2". I have a BOB SUS, and while I love a lot of things about that stroller, the handle bar is about 2-3" too high. Its just not "easy" to pop the front wheel off the ground. Especially while my oldest is riding. (33 pounds).

I have no idea about others, but did want to mention that I got a Chariot Cougar 2 bike trailer. We needed a bike trailer *and* an outdoor stroller, I heard great things about it and went for it. DH uses the bike kit, and I use the jogging fixed wheel and the swivel walking wheels. The removable handle bar is adjustable in that its bent. One way, its low - flip it over its high. The low setting is PERFECT for me.

Check out www.joggingstroller.com. There are tons of reviews and some from serious runners. I bought the fixed wheel kit for grassy areas, NOT for running. But, I've found myself so taken with this thing that I have actually jogged with it! That in and of itself is some sort of miracle. ha ha.

Anyway, on the off chance that you need a bike trailer too, check them out. If not, call or email www.joggingstroller.com. They are so nice and can probably help you find a good jogger for us shorties!