PDA

View Full Version : What would be your favorite single stroller?

flash15
08-02-2005, 04:54 PM
My DS just turned 6mo recently, is out of his infant carrier & weighs almost 20lbs. What would be the best stroller that will last till he no longer needs it?

I'm looking for a new stroller to go along with our Metrolite. I like the Metrolite's features, except how big it is when folded up. So, I'd like to have one that doesn't take up a ton of space in the Jeep (GC) and is easy to maneuver, fold, etc... I've been looking online at the Zippy. Oh, and would like to have a reclining seat in case DS falls asleep in it.

There are so many strollers out there & unfortunately I don't live in an area with a good selection (a small TRU, Target & Walmart - no BRU and no specialty baby store).

Thanks for all of your comments & help!
Meg

HIU8
08-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Hands down a MacClaren Quest. ONly drawback is an relatively non-useable basket. But, it has an umbrella fold. Weighs about 12 pounds, reclines, has leg extensions. We have the Quest for quick trips and a P3. I find we use the Quest much much more than the P3 though. I hang a skip Hop like bag off the handles.

HTH

Heather
DS 11/27/04

Susann
08-02-2005, 11:58 PM
I would go with the Zippy if I thought the baby needed lots of protection from weather or curious people. And of course if you're obsessed with the Graco's big basket, you might want to go with the Zippy.

But my all time favorite is the Maclaren Quest. It does all the tricks and folds tiny.

Susann

lmwbasye
08-03-2005, 07:26 AM
With all the features you're talking about, I would go the route of a P3, Zippy, or Zooper Swing. All are fairly light with many features like the Metrolite and fold up smaller. They have the recline, basket, etc. The P3 is my favorite, and we use it for everyday use, but I've heard great things about the others. We looked at a Quest but didn't like it (at least not yet) since DS is 10 months and when we sat him in it, he just didn't seem to like it too much (slouched down, not bar to hold onto to sit up straighter, etc). It also has almost no basket and little cover (although you can get a Protect-a-Bub for that). We decided the a Quest may be what we want as he nears 2 -3 years, but not just yet.

You may also want to check out a Zooper Waltz, but that folds like the Metrolite.

HTH!

Laura :)

Liam (10/21)