PDA

View Full Version : Best stroller for city

gailil
08-03-2005, 09:17 AM
My brother and his wife live in downtown Chicago (Wrigleyville) and are expecting their first baby. They live in a condo with an elevator to their floor. What would be the best stroller for them? They have a car (Honda Accord), but also need to walk/cab/public transportation a lot. In addition, they don't have tons of storage in the condo. Thanks for the input, my focus for the last couple years has been on double strollers, so I am out of the loop.

DebbieJ
08-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Someone just asked a similar question. Scroll down a little and see the "stroller rec for urban chicago" post.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

momathome
08-03-2005, 09:35 AM
A Maclaren Techno would fit the bill. It has full recline for a newborn, awesome steering, and folds up small for public transportation. It is probably the most popular city stroller out there. www.specialtybaby.com usually has decent deals on them. Hope that helps!

gailil
08-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Thank you for the heads up.

velouria
08-05-2005, 04:51 PM
I live in San Francisco and need to take the stroller onto the street car on occasions. Public trans here requires that the stroller be completely collapsed and the child on your lap for safety reasons.

I obviously needed something with full shocks for navigating bumpy, rough city streets and also a one-hand fold. We bought the Inglesina Zippy and have been extremely pleased with it. It glides easily over brick paving and can be collapsed and unfurled with just one hand while I'm holding DS in the other arm.

I think it's the perfect city stroller.

ptlath2
08-07-2005, 12:11 AM
The Combi City Savvy is supposed to be good. I am considering getting one but haven't seen a lot of comments about combi. It's very light and now has a car seat that attaches to it. I'd love for someone to comment about the Combi City Savvy and Car Seat.