PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Cherokee - impossible to find!

maestramommy
08-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Has anyone in the L.A area bought a Jeep Cherokee recently? I went to the Kolcraft website and called every store on their list within a 10 mile radius of my home, excepting L.A proper, and no one carries this stroller. One Toys R Us told me it's discontinued! I'm willing to buy it online if I have to, but first I wanted to see if my carseat will go into it.

westamp
08-08-2005, 10:35 AM
You can buy this at Babies R Us (I think they even have it online because I've seen it and I posted a message about it).

ETA - Here's my post: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=14&topic_id=61201

bigheadmac
08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Go to strollerswap, I will post mine for sale there if interested. It is not the umbrella version but the one they sold a couple years back with the front tray.

maestramommy
08-08-2005, 03:08 PM
I finally did find them at Burlington Coat Factory, thanks! But I did check out out the stroller group you mentioned, and joined up. Do you know whether the photos listed under "photos" are just fyi, or do the represent strollers for sale? I saw 2 Teutonias, and I thought they were only sold in Germany.

strollerqueen
08-08-2005, 05:09 PM
They are for sale. Lots of people ship them over from Europe, or buy them there and bring them back. In fact, I just bought an elephant print Teutonia Swing from a fellow swapper. It was originally shipped over from Germany by one Swapper, and it then passed through several other Swap homes before reaching me. There was an absolutely stunning Mistral F/S there recently.

Re: the Jeep Cherokees...They have been discontinued but can be foound still on Ebay, Baby Depot, or here:

www.dmartstores.com

maestramommy
08-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Wow, this is great! Okay, I have a question about products like Teutonia. Since they're not actually being sold here, how do you get access to recall and safety information? If you buy a Teutonia stroller, or swing, or anything second hand, it must be kind of hard to read up on a given model when they're not sold here.

Re: Jeep Cherokee. Actually, the Burlington Coat Factory where I finally found it has a Baby Depot. I didn't know that Baby Depot was part of BCF.

So happy you were reading this post. I didn't know how to contact you directly with my question :-)

strollerqueen
08-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Hmm, never thought about that. I don't even know if they do recalls in Germany like they do in the U.S. Maybe someone from there can answer?