PDA

View Full Version : 2 YEAR OLD...How do you do to keep them in stroller??

NewMamaBear
08-05-2005, 07:05 AM
I have a (just turned 2 year old) that hates sitting in the stroller. I have another one on the way in the fall. I don't think the buggy board is an option for him-he just wouldn't stay on it...he rather run around. When I have the new baby-it will not be an option for him to run around the mall. How do you get your toddler to stay in the stroller (he can slip out of the Peg straps)??? Will he sit when he has a sibbling to watch over?
Thanks. Please Help!!

calebsmama03
08-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Have another baby, LOL!!! Honestly C hated riding for MONTHS before he turned 2 but once DD was born and I tried to put HER in the stroller he suddenly LOVED riding again. Well, maybe not loved the riding so much as was unwilling to share "his" stroller. That was all it took to convince DH that we DO need a double, but DD is 11 weeks and I STILL haven't gotten one b/c I can't decide, but that's another post entirely.....
Lynne
Mommy to C 3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And Miss Purple, 5/05

sobers3
08-06-2005, 06:19 AM
After having Baby Houdini (DS#2) and Houdini Jr. (DGS #1), I understand what you are going through. Unfortunately, the Peg harness is one of the best for keeping them in. The waist straps have to be really snug. Also, an Emmaljunge harness will work on a stroller with D rings to attach it. Now that he is 2, he is good in the Mountain Buggys. Occasionally, he will try to slip off the shoulders, but a stern "NO" and asking him if he wants to go home and miss "????" (whatever he was looking forward to) has done the trick. I only had to leave once. It was a pain because I really needed a gift for a party. But it seems to have made an impression. It does get better with maturity and a month or 2 of age can really make a difference. Hang in there, with my son, it was the car seat he climbed out of. We were on the side of the road more than driving! Mary

emmasmama
08-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Ditto to what calebsmama said... my DD never liked riding (and I mean from birth!) until DD #2 was born and now she's obsessed! We can be 5 ft from the door of a store and she wants to ride from the car to the door if she sees me get out "her" stroller. They really are funny those 2 year olds... just wait and see how your DS reacts...