PDA

View Full Version : ABC Double or Baby Jogger City Series Double?

jacksmom0902
08-05-2005, 10:16 AM
I am sooooo close to making a decision on a double jogger. I really need to spend less than $600 shipped and am limited because I have two large sons. My older son is almost 3, 38 lbs. and about 38 inches tall. My babe is almost 5 months, 18 lbs. and 26 inches long. Obviously, we are limited in our choices due to the size of my boys. I am torn between the new Baby Jogger and the ABC Double. I really like that the ABC Double has a napper bar and I'm currently considering a used model. I've read Strollerqueen's review of the Baby Jogger and it sounds like it's good for larger children. I have a couple of recommendations for the ABC double and may actually be able to see it in person. Like so many others here, I just really need to make this decision and be done with it. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

DDowning
08-06-2005, 06:27 AM
I have the ABC Double that I purchased through the co-op last year before DD was born. Canopy height might become an issue for your 3yo with the standard ABC but there was an option to purchase the taller canopy so ask the seller if they have that. I apologize in that I forgot the exact height limitations but I have the standard canopy and my 2yo is just under 35" with likely about 4 inches to spare.

jacksmom0902
08-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks so much for your response. The seller actually has the tall canopy. Have you been happy with your ABC? I'm concerned about the folded size compared to the Baby Jogger (in case I actually want to take it somewhere) and the resale value. I love the fact that it has the napper bar. Are your children happy in the stroller? I assume you have another stroller for around town.

pritchettzoo
08-06-2005, 06:54 PM
I emailed Baby Jogger about a bar on the City Double and they said one would be out by October. I didn't get any other details, but they responded to me quickly--maybe you could email them and ask?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)