PDA

View Full Version : Got my Inglesina Twin Swift today!- first impression :)

my3fallkiddos
08-05-2005, 03:41 PM
My Inglesina Twin Swift finally arrived today! It sat on my door step all of 2 minutes before I ripped open the box and yanked it out! Not an easy feat for a 33 week preggo woman ;)

So I got the TS out, unfolded it (easy), snapped on the canopies and once DS woke up a few mintues later, took him for a spin around the house :)

My first impression- I hated it! The canopy was terrible, it didn't protect DS in the slightest and popped off everytime I opened and closed it. It seemed very stiff, the knobs you push down to open it are ridiculous. When the seats are reclined the back of the canopy scrunched OVER the back of the seat. Now how was THAT suppose to do any good? I was so disappointed especially because I loved the color, lol.

So there I was mulling over having to box this sucker up, call Albee Baby for a RA code, decided that I was going to join the Mac TT club after all, yada yada yada. Then I decided to actually LOOK at the instructions!

I cut open the plastic bag and yank out the instructions which are so poorly done! 3 different languages grouped together, bad black and white fuzzy photos. Surely Inglesina could have done a better job on the instructions??

Then I realize that dumb me attached the canopy clips too high! I had clipped them above the fabric on the frame whereas I was suppose to snap them onto a specific spot so the velcro tabs lined up. Aahhh, much better! And it did provide pretty good sun coverage for DS after all! I tried opening and closing the stroller- no more of the canopy popping off!

I then reclined the seats and of course having the canopies where they were suppose to be meant the back canopy fabric did "catch" and cover the reclined seats after all.

Took DS around the house again and now that my beef with the canopies was over with, I noticed how smooth the TS steers! I asked DD (8 years old and 54 pounds) to hop it so I could compare two kids of different weights to push- it did great! I started to breath and huge sigh of relief!

I practiced opening and closing it a few more times. It's still stiff but I'm sure most strollers with metal frames are going to be stiff for a while. I had read to spray some WD 40 on it to loosen it up if needed.

So the longer I've had it today the more I like it. I love the gray/red combo which lead to another new purchase...a Skip Hop Dash in RED, lol! I decided to sling my OiOi chocolate brown/pink messenger bag over the handles (and it fit fine) but it looked oh-so wrong together! So a new red SH Dash and possibly a navy blue Duo for quick trips later on. Also I plan to buy a snuzzler (?) for the baby when he's born.

So my overall impression is:

Cons: The round knobs that you push down should be made bigger or covered in rubber so your foot doesn't slip. It's stiff to open and close but again, it's new so that should be expected. No adjustable leg rests.

Pros: Slender frame! I have no doubt I'll be able to go many more places with this double than with the Zooper Tango I had owned. The recline is enough for a newborn, although just to have more padding I'm going to buy a snuzzler for him(I think). Fabulous steering! Like buttah ;) I personally love the middle handle- perfect to add a drink holder, to snap the SH bags too or another handle to grab for to push it. The recline mechanism worked great on both seats as do the safety straps. The baskets are a good size and accesible as long as the seat isn't completely reclined. Again, I love the red/gray color combination! And a great deal at $188.00 (plus free shipping) from www.specialtybaby.com (Albee Baby).

So it's a keeper for now! I hope I fall into the majority of happy Twin Swift owners and not the few that have had problems! I can't completely say we won't end up with a Mac TT but I'm hoping we don't have to spend more money on another double stroller. We do plan to buy a double jogging stroller next spring but that's a seperate puchase :)

ETA: I thought the middle wheels would be a nusiance and they aren't! So far I haven't come close to kicking them, which is a relief :)

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

squimp
08-05-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm glad you like your Swift.

Just wanted to say you should go for it on the red Dash. I have one that goes really well with my red & gray 04 Zippy, and I love it!

kellyotn
08-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah! Glad you liked it. :-)

Auburn94
08-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks so much for the review as the Twin Swift is one that I am considering.

Ashley
dd's 9/17/01 and 5/29/04

ctychick
08-09-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm cracking up b/c I have the Zippy and HATED the canopy. For MONTHS I just couldn't understand why it didn't cover the seat as much as it did on my friends' Zippy's. I did many side-by-side comaprisons trying to figure it out. Finally, after having the stroller for about 6 months, I realized that I, too, had the clips on too high. Duh! LOL!

my3fallkiddos
08-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Ctychick-

Yeah, I felt pretty stupid and was a bit thankful that DH wasn't around to tease me about it! He would have gotten a kick out of that but I could blame it on the poorly organized instructions...right?!? ;)

Anyway, so far we love the Twin Swift!!

Carrie
EDD w/#3 9/20/05

houseof3boys
08-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Carrie thanks so much for posting this. I am going through all of the recent posts on doubles and saw that you were going to post your review once you got this so I'm glad I saw it!

This is near the top of my list right now and I hope I can find one IRL to look at.

Thanks again!!

pritchettzoo
08-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Debbi, DH swears that we saw this at the Baby's Room in Norcross. I don't know if he's smoking crack or not though. What about your E3?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03) and Eli (July '05)

Jen841
08-15-2005, 07:54 AM
We bought ours last weekend after going to look at it IRL. Inglesina's website has authorized dealers listed. I called ahead and they had a floor model in stock that we ended up buying. Yeah! Can't wait to use it now.

Jen841
08-15-2005, 07:54 AM
We bought ours last weekend after going to look at it IRL. Inglesina's website has authorized dealers listed. I called ahead and they had a floor model in stock that we ended up buying. Yeah! Can't wait to use it now.

mabun3
08-15-2005, 05:41 PM
So glad you like it because I just recommended it to my babysitter's daughter who is due with #2 in October!! Great price too!

Michele

shoppinggal
08-15-2005, 10:31 PM
I have a single swift and I have the same problems with the stupid sunshade - It pops off and does not cover anything. I got a protect a bub sunshade in black/red that works beautifully. It also has a stupid locking mechanism.

As for newborns - I put my son in it when he was 3 months and it wasn't bad in the reclined position. When he is awake he really enjoys it but now, even at 4 months, he still gets cranky when he wants to sleep b/c it is not reclined enough. You need to put your newborn in it and see if they like it. I never got a snuzzler - I just used strap covers that you use for newborns in carseats so they wouldnt dig in. He likes to chew on them and they kinda help keep his head in place too.

But overall, I love it - it handles really well. And it's so light. You may also want to consider a Babu cupholder tray in addition to the Dash.

Enjoy!

houseof3boys
08-16-2005, 08:49 AM
I just want another stroller to keep in the car that might be a bit easier and lighter than the E3!

I might send DH to look at strollers then since that is right around the corner from his office. Thanks.

kcampbell
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Me too! I hated that darn canopy on the zippy, actually we used it without the canopy most of the first few months while our DD was still in her snugride. I called and made them explain to me how it was supposed to be attached. I figured you couldn't fold it up with canopy on and wasn't about to take it off and put it on every single time I used it. Needless to say I love the stroller and am afraid to give it up for a double when #2 comes along in March. Uggggggggghhhhhhh to start the search for the perfect double........