07-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Everyone please be careful with the magnetic keys to your totloks. My cat knocked one off of our counter and it fell to the tile floor and broke open. The inside of the key has a small magnet, a small metal piece, and a black felt/rubber pad. Well, I did not notice that it had fallen to the floor (our floors are white), but my 10 month old of course did. As soon as I saw him playing with it, he jammed as much in his mouth as he could get. I fished out the metal pieces and was relieved until he started gagging and I realized that he had already started to swallow something, the little black pad. Thankfully, I was able to get it out but it scared me to death. Obviously, they do not intend for the keys to be played with by children, but I had never really been too worried about keeping the key away for safety. He's too young to figure out how to open the doors with the key (I can barely do that sometimes)! But now I will make sure that they are in a safe spot.