PDA

View Full Version : Graco Safeseat?

Piglet
05-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Has anyone bought the Safeseat in Canada? I just saw one today at Toys R Us and thought the fabric was just awful. It was scratchy, noisy and ugly. Sears seems to have a nicer fabric on their website, but it still might be scratchy. My friend is due in August and we wanted to buy her a carseat for her baby shower. Any other stores that carry it? I know that they do that silly thing where each store gets an exclusive colour, but I was hoping the fabric would be nicer somewhere!

hipmaman
05-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I too saw the one at TRU. I didn't mind the fabric but then again, I don't have a little one to put in it to mind or not to mind :)

What about the Britax Companion? It's out in Canada already. Well at least around in Ontario.

Piglet
05-22-2006, 02:38 PM
I haven't seen it in Calgary yet, but I haven't looked all too carefully. Just a question - how wide is it? I was also playing with the Safeseat to figure out if there was any chance to fit 3 across in my car (not that I need to worry about that yet). I had noticed that the newer Snugride bases were WAY wider than my old one which is set to expire this summer. That having been said, the Safeseat meshed very well with my Marathon, so although the base was bigger, it fit better than the Snugride did. I don't know how the Companion fits since I have never seen one, but I am curious!

Neatfreak
05-23-2006, 07:00 AM
The Safeseat is in the current Sears catalog - I haven't checked an actual store to see if it's in stock, but maybe it is ...

momof2boys
05-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi Tam~ Where in Ontario have you seen the Britax Companion (I'm in Ottawa)?

hipmaman
05-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Marina,

Here is a review of the SafeSeat on the Carseats forum http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=13&topic_id=42951&mode=full&page=

She has a different pattern/material and she said as soft as her Britax MA.

She also says the Companion seemed heavier than her SafeSeat.

You'd think I would know more about the Companion given the fact that at the last tech meeting we had there was a Companion for us to get familiarize with and that I bought my only nephew one, lol. But I haven't seen/touched one yet! I had to step out during the part that the techs 'played' with the seat and the owner of the store who lent it to us, took it back and left the meeting, lol. And I bought the Companion for my nephew by telephone and had it shipped out to Vancouver, lol.

hipmaman
05-23-2006, 08:54 PM
In the Toronto area. Have you asked Kiddie Town if they have any or expect date for first shipment?

VGL
06-09-2006, 01:18 PM
The dinky little Sears near me in Hamilton has the SafeSeat. I looked at it a while ago (would have been perfect for my Great Newphew the 10 pounder) and I don't remember being turned off by the fabric. They also have it in a travel system in the Fall/Winter catalogue

torontomom
06-09-2006, 08:17 PM
deleted...

bubbaray
06-10-2006, 09:56 PM
The top harness slot is nearly as high as the top harness slot on the Graco ComfortSport. My 26m DD was in the SafeSeat1 last weekend at Sears and it was just at her shoulders.

HTH

Melissa

http://b3.lilypie.com/rppJm7/.png[/img][/url]

torontomom
07-03-2006, 01:17 PM
deleted...

torontomom
07-03-2006, 01:18 PM
deleted...