PDA

View Full Version : Superstore supreme diapers?

EllasMum
05-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Has anybody tried these? When DD was a newborn, I inherited a half used pack of the regular Superstore diapers (Teddy's? They had a green waistband with paw prints) and they were ok but not great. I was wondering about the supreme ones from the same brand. Are they any good? Just for clarification - I think the packages are sort of dark wine colored...

TIA,
Susan

psophia17
05-25-2006, 05:19 PM
DS is pretty much out of diapers these days, but I'm pretty sure I used the supreme kind from Superstore a few times, and I'm pretty sure I thought they did the job. Do they have a smaller package you could test-run before buying a big supply?

NewfieNat
05-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Funny you should ask - I just bought a package today. Dh works at a store owned by the same parent company as Superstore, so they sell Teddy's Choice but only carry the Supreme in newborn size. Ryan, being a preemie, fit into newborn size for a long time! I used to buy them just as often as I bought swaddlers. The have a bit of stretch but what I liked most was how soft and thin they were. I will have to update on how well they work on a 2 year old later, he is just wearing the first one from the package now.

Natalie

Laundraholic
05-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I like them.

I've tried the regular Teddy's Choice, and they were much like any other no-name diaper brand (and similar to the regular Huggies).

I find the Teddy's Choice supreme to much closer to the the regular Pampers (called, Baby Dry, i think?).

pampamz
05-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Yeah, we tried them. I was an occasional user of both Teddy's Choice and the Supreme ones, but I always migrate back to Pampers, when they are on sale.
FYI -- the Kirkland Lake ones at Costco are, IMO, the best generics around. I *almost* prefer them to Pampers!

EllasMum
05-26-2006, 12:46 PM
I am actually in the middle of a box of Kirklands but may have got a weird pack or something - they seem to leave a red mark/line where the waistband is, no matter how loose I do them up. When I feel the diaper I can feel a hard ridge where the inside padding material cuts off. Strange. I already used 3/4 of the box before I clued in to this so I won't bother taking them back. I do have one more pack out of the box that hasn't been opened yet so maybe that pack will be better. Other than that issue, I think they're pretty good diapers. My only other small complaint is that they sort of bunch up a bit when wet - but it's not too bad. I did buy a pack of the Teddy's Choice Supremes to try out so I'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the replies!

Piglet
05-26-2006, 02:33 PM
They are the best generics because they are made by Huggies. There wwre a lot of threads about them on the Diaper board. Fortunately, I love Huggies for DS2, so I just buy the Kirkland case. I have tried many brands of generics and I always find they do the job, but I always end up with Huggies/Kirkland. The generic I use the most is Safeway brand (which is the same as Teddy's Choice). They are buy 1 get 1 free a few times a year and then the price is just too good to pass up! I will keep an eye on the Superstore Supremes though.

bubbaray
05-26-2006, 05:09 PM
I've never tried the Teddy's choice brand that I can recall....

We tried the Kirkland ones a couple of months ago and will stick with them for now. They seem to fit "slightly" larger than Huggies and don't give DD the rash she gets with Pampers Cruisers (makes sense b/c she also d/n get that rash with Huggies).

HTH

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

marshmallow
05-31-2006, 06:09 PM
I found them better than huggies. But I stick with the pampers with the stretchy sides. They seem so much comfier for him.