PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Montreal with a 3 year old?

deenass
06-21-2006, 07:09 AM
DH just told me that we may be able to tag along with him on a business trip to Montreal this summer.

We'd be staying at the hotel he has a conference in, so I would have a car. Is it an easy city to drive around in or is there good public transportation?

Any suggestions for what to do with my son (3) while there?

torontomom
06-21-2006, 07:49 AM
deleted...

Piglet
06-21-2006, 10:07 AM
We were in Montreal with a 22 month old and we found that public transportation was great, BUT you cannot take a stroller. There are very few stations equipped with wheelchair accessibilty, so you have to carry your child and your stroller down and up a crazy number of steps. I would take a Volo or some other lightweight stroller with a carry handle if I were taking the subway again. I would really recommend against renting a car - the drivers a bit nutty and the streets are hard to navigate, although not as bad as other places I have visited.

I am having a hard time remember what we did during the day other than shopping and an art museum (we were visiting DH's grandparents, so we did a lot of family stuff). The only thing that is hard to access, but would be fun is the science centre and surrounding museums. They are a bit of a drive out from downtown and are not served particularly well by transit, which is why we didn't go. There is a LOT to do in Montreal and your 3 year old will not be bored!

Have fun,