PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have an American credit card?

snowangel
08-11-2006, 08:38 PM
I would love to get one. Is it possible? Anyone have one?

mizzum
08-11-2006, 09:34 PM
I was just looking into this online. I was in a branch of the TD in Niagara Falls and they had a poster advertising one.Online it says to call your branch.I imagine most other Canadian banks have this too.

I will let you know what else I find out.

snowangel
08-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Oh WOW! That would be SO cool!!!

Please let me know :):):)

sunshinegga
08-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I have an american credit card from TD Canada Trust. However I live in Windsor, ON which is considered a "border town" and we both work in the states. So I don't know if the U.S. Visa's are only unique to the border cities. I would call your local TD. Good luck

DuckEE
08-18-2006, 08:46 PM
You can also get an American Visa debit card (debit card with a Visa logo on it, accepted anywhere that accepts Visa) from most border-town banks. I have an account with Bank of America in Blaine and a Visa debit with my PO Box address (so the shipping address when I order things to my PO Box in Blaine matches the billing address!) I also have an old Bank of America platinum card from when I lived/worked in the US that I use--but you won't be able to get one without a US address and a SSN (SIN) or an ITIN and credit history. Some banks won't give you an account without an ITIN, but the IRS has recently stopped issuing them to people for bank accounts.

-N.