PDA

View Full Version : Outlet shopping in Toronto

nupe
09-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Don't laugh! I got my haircut in Toronto the other day and the woman cutting my hair told me she goes to the US to outlet shop. Anyway, I am visiting Toronto from the US and was delighted to find a "Mills" mall--Vaughan Mills--the feel is typical of any mills mall. Any tips on good places to go for kids items? Seems like it would be very hard to beat US prices.

http://www.vaughanmills.com/static/node959.jsp

I made a very quick stop there on Saturday. I started at the Holt Renfrew outlet, and was not impressed by selections for DS such as Etro, too upscale for me. I was expecting something more like the Neiman Marcus outlet, and this was not quite it. Apparently HR was super busy over Labor Day weekend, and are expecting their next shipment soon, so maybe it is picked over now? I was looking for a handbag for me too, their sale handbags were $500 Can, again not what I am looking for!

Some Thomas stuff was on sale at Toys Toys Toys.

I saw Please Mum and we have one Please Mum outfit. Is the sizing consistent at Please Mum, like do all the 2Ts fit the same, or is it variable. I didn't really get to look around the store.

Didn't make it to Children's Place Outlet. But plant to make another trip hoping they are having a good sale. Can you use coupons there--does anybody know?

Also planning to go to the Roots outlet. I don't expect to find much there though.

Anywhere else to check out?

Thanks, Nupe

torontomom
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
deleted...

nupe
09-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Thanks for all the tips! Very helpful. Now I won't waste time trying to print out coupons for children's place. I know someone posted last week that she found socks for like 25 cents at the children's place outlet in Allen, TX, not holding my breath for the Vaughn Mills oulet.

Hoping to catch a movie or two during the film festival as well. So far, I've seen one celebrity.

Thanks, Nupe

snowangel
09-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I am a regular Vaughn Mills shopper. I go there all the time.

The Children's Place is just huge and has lots of stock so I really like it. They have HUGE season end clearance sales and everything goes down to $1.99. The summer one just ended.

There are some nice stores at VM but no great "deals" really. Mexx has gorgeous children's clothing too. I really like it. And I LOVE the children's dept. at H&M there. It is one of the bigger children's dept. H&M stores in Toronto. I HIGHLY suggest shopping there. I LOOOOOVE their clothing! I go there a lot.

I like Please Mum, but I don't love it. I buy odds and ends there but I don't find the prices to be so great.

I haven't bought children's Roots in a long time for some reason. But I do love Roots. Their sweats are great.

Lately I have been loving Bonnie Togs. There isn't one at VM. They make knock offs of labels and evertyhing is $10-$18 in that store. I scored some really cute stuff this year and the quality is not bad at all.

If you ever have questions about VM just ask me. I am there way too often.

torontomom
09-12-2006, 01:16 PM
deleted...

nupe
09-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the info! Too bad I missed the Children's Place sale. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it back to Vaughan Mills again. I think DH was "driven out" or "shopped out" one or the other, since I don't drive in Toronto.

I got a code for 15% off regular price at Roots online (from one of the bookstores): smartenup
I think it expires mid November.

Overall, I think I like Gymboree, and find it hard to pay more than gymboree prices for items like T shirts and sweatpants at Roots. In fact, I ended up buying no clothing, and only toys for DS!

Thanks, Nupe