PDA

View Full Version : Thyme Maternity, Old Navy and Gap Maternity - REVIEWS

Piglet
10-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Okay, I am doing the rounds for the first time in a long time. Last time my friend gave me all her maternity clothes but this time she and I are due within a month of one another. I have to buy some new clothes!

Last time I bought basics from ON and enjoy their lower prices and nice selection but found they had very little for work. This time I think they have even less! I have never bought non-maternity clothes for myself at ON, so I don't know why I am so surprised that they don't carry things that I like right now. I think partly it comes down to the current fashion - I look like a clown in it! The layered look makes me look fat and the skinny pants look ridiculous with a big belly!

I was SO excited when Gap Maternity opened in Calgary. I was SO disappointed with them yesterday. The pants were $88 each! There is no way I am spending $88 on cords. They have nicer work clothes, but nothing sceramed to me and for the money, I couldn't justify it. I did do well with sale items a few months ago, so I am really hopeful that if I keep looking, something will go on a big sale (I am thinking I will enjoy Boxing Day this year). On top of everything, they changed their amazing return policy to a measly 90 days :( so I can't even hold onto something that I might like when I am bigger and hope that it works then.

Lastly, I went to Thyme. The prices were reasonable - a lot of items were marked down. I got a pair of "before and after" work pants for $39. I am wearing them right now and they are comfy. I wish they were cut a bit different in the ankle (they taper a bit), but they are otherwise nice. I also found some B&A jeans that actually accentuate my rear! I will say that their sales ladies drove me crazy. I swear they are like vultures on road kill - swarming and circling. I like the customer service when I am in a fitting room and a woman keeps bringing me things to try on, but I hate the plastered on smiles and over the top "congratulations" they give you when you walk in. They totally saw me as a woman with a wallet in her tummy rather than a baby, LOL! I think if this were my 1st, I might have enjoyed the attention, but at this point I just need to buy pants that fit this week and get home to cook supper!

EllasMum
10-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi Marina!

Just thought I'd let you know that there is a Thyme Maternity outlet store out in Westhills/Signal Hill. It is near the Chapters/Indigo store and has LOTS of stuff. When I was pregnant with DD I went in there and got 2 shirts and a pair of jeans and 2 bras for around $100. They have a good variety of stuff - both casual and dressier clothes. Check it out!

Susan