PDA

View Full Version : What is WITH the weather???

bubbaray
11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I guess I should put this in the Bitching Post, but I think some people might think that all Canadians live in igloos year round, LOL ;)

I live in the Lower Mainland of BC and we've had 45cm of snow since Sunday and its SNOWING AGAIN. This city shuts down when it snows. Its crazy. I'm going nuts. I have so much to do and am trying to stay off the roads, except to drive into the office and pick up work to do at home. I'm a pretty good "snow" driver, but the other morons on the road scare me!

What the heck is going on? I thought they called it Global WARMING, but global-freezing-my-patootie-off. Sheesh.

Hope the Alberta gang is staying warm.... Those of you in Toronto, send the mild weather back to BC where it belongs. At least you have snow shovels in TO.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

psophia17
11-29-2006, 05:07 PM
ITA!!!

I'm from NY, so I'm used to cold and snowy winters, but this is BC! Don't they call this area the banana belt? Where are the bananas???

And the ILs chose this week to move into the basement suite - let me just say that opening and closing the front door, or better yet, LEAVING IT OPEN, is making for one horribly cold house!

So...heat wave, torrential rains, high winds, and now blizzard conditions...enough already!

bubbaray
11-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Sooo, the ILs are going to be living with you in your new place? I thought you had previously lived in their house??? Wasn't the idea to 'exit' that, er, situation??? Eeeek!

The bananas are all behind the wheel of their car. Which has bald summer tires on it. Bananas must also drive with their face virtually resting on the front windshield. Apparently this helps them drive in the snow better.... Sigh.

Don't get me going on the Vancouver "must use umbrella when its snowing" thing. Too weird.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

EllasMum
11-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Freezing, indeed! I don't EVER need to experience a -41 degree windchill again!! BRR. At least it is warming up for us now - it is supposed to be +11 on Sunday!

Keep warm and dry, BC folks!!

psophia17
11-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Yep, we're still living with the ILs, only now it's not in their little tiny 3br split level house, it's in a large house w/ suites for us all, on a couple of acres of land.

My chunk of family has the biggest (best) part of the house, the 3br upstairs, the ILs have the basement suite, and BIL is living in the attached cottage next door. As much as they exasperate me when we live en masse, now that we all have our own kitchens and living space, I'm psyched to be so close to all that family. Free babysitting is nice ;)

I won't drive in snow here - it's just too much of a risk with all those bananas on the road. :o

psophia17
11-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Nothing like having the hair inside your nose freeze off when you go outside, huh?

torontomom
12-01-2006, 10:09 AM
deleted...

Neatfreak
12-01-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm still in St. John's, and amazed at how mild the winter has been thus far. It's snowed twice, and melted within a day. Who knew?

Dreading moving back to Calgary. Argh. Snow tires.