PDA

View Full Version : New Alberta Children's Hospital - WOW.

EllasMum
12-07-2006, 12:21 AM
OK So I have to admit I was curious about the new Children's Hospital here in Calgary - though I didn't really need to enter through the ambulance bay - see my post in the Lounge for more on that! Despite our most unfortunate reason for being there, I gotta say that the place is top notch!! Honestly, it is better than I ever could have imagined. DD enjoyed the games/toys so much that I literally had to drag her out of there. They have video game stations/consoles all over the place, toys and games at each waiting area, a totally cool ceiling fixture in the entryway with glowing stars and planets, and the exterior entrance to the hospital has these cool globe lights ringing the circular drive that actually change colors every few seconds. The hospital feels more like an entertainment centre or perhaps a shopping mall with medical offices than it does a hospital! Really amazing place. I can't say enough about it. I hope no one here ever HAS to go there, but if you have the chance, stop in for coffee in the amazing cafeteria that overlooks the entire view of COP, the valley and the mountains beyond. Seriously, it is worth the visit. Be warned, though - your kids may not want to leave! :) Oh yeah and the medical care is pretty good too. ;)

NewfieNat
12-07-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm sorry you had to go there - I just saw your post in the lounge today.

But ditto to everything you said! We were there last Sunday. DS decided to throw DD from his arms while holding her. She flew across the room and landed on the kitchen floor. I almost called 911 but we were off to emergency instead. They were wonderful! Seeing as how DD was only 11 days old she was seen RIGHT away, we didn't even have a chance to sit down. Wonderful docs too...!

Natalie

Neatfreak
12-07-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm also sorry to hear that both of you had a reason to visit!

It's a bit of a drive away from our house, but I'm happy that there is a cheerier place to wait in the ER than at the Rockyview.

EllasMum
12-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Yikes! Poor Claire! Poor Natalie!! Hope everyone is ok! When we came in to the ER the 2nd time we told the security guard it was a return visit and we went right in too! After seeing the crowd in the waiting room I was glad we didn't have to wait. At least the kids were entertained!