PDA

View Full Version : DD loves Canadian Tire

EllasMum
12-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Who'd have thought that Canadian Tire could be so entertaining?? I took DD with me today while I went in search of a Chia Pet (don't ask) and we spent almost an hour in Canadian Tire - and she was mesmerized! They had a wonderful display of those inflatable Christmas globe things for your lawn - which DD loves - and also an 8' singing snowman. It was motion activated so DD was able to get it to sing all on her own after I showed her "wave to the snowman!!". I looked up at one point and there were a half-dozen other shoppers smiling appreciatively at DD as she watched the singing snowman. I managed to get some ornaments picked out too - Canadian Tire should hire out that Singing Snowman as a babysitter. ;)

bubbaray
12-12-2006, 12:19 AM
My DD LOVES Cdn Tire. DH is the one who takes her there, it is a traditional weekend stop for them. Cdn Tire is one of the first corporate logo's she learned (sigh -- along with Walmart, Costco and Starbucks -- bad mommy!).

Funny about the chia pet -- that is my nickname for DD as I swear she lives on air some days she eats so little!!

I think you need a Snowman for your living room!!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

Piglet
12-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I actually had one of my more frustrating shopping trips of the year at CDN Tire, so I stay far far away!

Susan - I am sorry I missed your post in the Lounge last week about your trip to the ER. How is Ella feeling? I am glad the hospital experience was as enjoyable as possible given the circumstances. My BIL works for the architecture firm that designed it and he was very heavily involved. I am glad some of the little thoughtful things they put in place made it nicer for you guys.

EllasMum
12-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi Marina,

Ella is doing great - thanks for asking! She has had no further seizures and seems to be doing fine on the medication - she even seems to like the taste (lemony). We are just trying to get back to life as normal! It is kind of nice to have the holidays happening right now as it is a nice distraction.

How are you? How is "pink" coming along? :)

EllasMum
12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Heehee! I don't have room for the Snowman but I did briefly consider an inflatable "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" - you know, the one from the tv show from like the '60's? They had them at CT and I actually considered it before I decided it might take up a little too much space. And it might creep out my cat. And me. ;)

Piglet
12-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Well, Project Pink is almost 1/2 way over! I had an U/S a few weeks ago and they couldn't see anything one way or the other (after 1/2 an hour of looking). On top of that, the tech couldn't see a good view of the kidneys so they had me come back yesterday for another U/S. The baby was in the same exact position - arms crossed over its face (so no good face shots) and legs wrapped around the umbilical cord (so no good girl/boy parts). This time I had the most senior tech, so she definitely knew what she was looking for. She had a hunch and gave me 70/30 odds on a girl. The problem is that I used to be 50/50 and had no temptation to shop and now I am at 70/30 and am slightly more tempted, but too worried that the odds aren't good enough to buy anything that is hard to return (like HA).

I might spring for one of those paid U/S in a month or so. I think Bo Bebe in the south is still offering those - am I right?

Thanks for asking,

bubbaray
12-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Buttin' in -- you might want to ask your dr about the 3D u/s (assuming that is what you meant). My perinatologist is quite opposed to them. They aren't regulated in terms of safety standards of equipment or qualifications of staff. Plus, he is of the view that u/s is not "innocuous" and should not be done for non-medical reasons. One of the clinics here in BC is being sued (though I'm not sure for what).

Anyway, not saying its always bad, but you might want to get some feedback from your doc.

I'm voting pink, BTW!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007