PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you heard of a "new" Marathon coming out?

chinook
02-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone,

We were at TRU a few weeks back and the guy there said they used to carry the Marathons but they all sold out and now he's waiting for the "new" Marathons to come in.

Has anyone heard of this? I guess there are lots of Marathon sales on in the States right now so that gets me wondering too if there's something new on the way....

Thanks!
Kelly-Ann

jujucb
02-17-2007, 08:24 AM
I haven't heard of any major changes to the MA. I talked to my local Britax retailer last week. They only have two RAs in stock and are eagerly awaiting their new shipments. They say we are getting new patterns and more cover selections. But they didn't know what or when.

Piglet
02-17-2007, 09:29 PM
ETA: I was just at TRU (Macleod Trail) this afternoon. My bad - the one at TRU is only $299 and is a new cover. It is a metallic silver and velour black. Quite nice actually. I was impressed they have come down in price at TRU!

__________________________________________________ ___________________

I think it just means they might be getting new covers or the like. Either way, people want the latest manuf. year so that it lasts the full 6 years, so if you don't need a MA now, you might want to wait for the newer seats to come in.

That having been said, TRU seems to be one of the more expensive places to buy MAs (and they have the least selection of covers). I was at E-children and Kacz Kids last week and they both had a few covers to choose from (even Cowmoo, if you like that one). They were abou $330 at both stores.

hipmaman
02-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Really, TRU still charges more than $300 for the MA? As of last year, Britax had reduced the Canadian price for both the RA and MA by $50 each. This came directly from the distributor due to the stronger Canadian dollar.

chinook
02-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks for your replies. Guess I'll be going to TRU for my Marathons since they seem to be cheaper there!

hipmaman
02-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Should all be $300 plus taxes everywhere, unless it's on sale. This is the set price by Britax.

jujucb
02-24-2007, 07:23 PM
I just looked the TRU special order book last week and the prices were still that high. And with 4-6wk wait period! I laughed and said I could walk three stores down and buy one off the shelf for the new prices.

Of course then Bonnie Togs only had RAs left lol!

Piglet
02-24-2007, 09:29 PM
The boutique baby stores here in Calgary had them for $320/330 last I checked (about 2 weeks ago). I had seen them for $300 in the past, but wondered if the exchange rate might have gotten worse and they had to change their pricing. The TRU special order book had really outdated pricing ($350), but there were 2 different patterns of MAs on the shelf for $300.