PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland (Costco) diapers on sale - and Pirate's Booty!

EllasMum
03-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi everyone - I was at Costco today and they had Kirkland diapers on sale $5 off (coupon given at the door). They also had the much talked about Pirate's Booty! I'd never seen it before in Canada (although possibly health food stores carry it??) so I got a bag for DD to try - and she loved it! Hooray for Costco! I must admit I was sad to see that Kirkland is no longer making size 6 diapers... DD is dangerously near to growing out of the size 5's and is nowhere near potty training! D'oh! :)

Piglet
03-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Phooeeey! DS is also getting close to outgrowing the size 5 Kirklands and we love them. I bought some size 6 Huggies for nighttime use and he doesn't swim in them, so I expect we might be sizing up sooner than I had expected but we will have to stick with the more expensive Huggies :(

Neatfreak
03-13-2007, 11:15 AM
The price difference b/w Kirkland and Huggies on a per-diaper basis shrinks as a child grows into a larger size, anyway, if it makes you guys feels any better ('cause you're only getting a few extra diapers in the Kirkland boxes) :)

I remember that Planet Organic has carried Pirate Booty and Veggie Booty for a couple years, now. I can't imagine how big the Costco-sized bag would be!

torontomom
03-14-2007, 08:45 AM
deleted...

bubbaray
03-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Where exactly in the stores (RCS and Costco) are you ladies finding the Pirate/Veggie booty? I have limited time to browse given that DD#2 apparently d/n like the car, car seat, or brand @#$%^ new (cool!) stroller I got her. Grrrr. Just wanting to be as quick as possible with screaming newborn....

And, what exactly IS pirate/veggie booty??? I know I want it just b/c everyone raves about it. LOL!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

torontomom
03-14-2007, 01:32 PM
deleted...

EllasMum
03-14-2007, 04:29 PM
In my Costco (Calgary), the Pirate's Booty was in with the chips/snacks. Right beside the veggie chips (not sure of brand) that Costco has carried for a while now. The bags are quite big so you can't miss 'em! They are cream colored bags with a cartoon pirate on them. The 'Booty' themselves are like fatter versions of popcorn twists (Old Dutch?).

Good luck!

bubbaray
03-14-2007, 07:20 PM
OMG -- I LOVE LOVE LOVE popcorn twists!

I'm in trouble....

Melissa

EllasMum
03-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Popcorn twists rock! They were actually one of DD's first 'snack' foods - courtesy of the older babies in our playgroup! Now that we have discovered Pirate's Booty, DD INSISTS on having some every night before bed. Probably not the greatest bedtime snack. ;)

bubbaray
03-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Just bought some at my local Save-On today. It was in the organic foods section at my store, but I know some locations have the organic stuff all mixed in with the regular foods, so it might depend on your store. They didn't have Veggie Booty.

I tried it and its similar to Popcorn Twists, but with little crunchy bits. Jury's out for me. I kinda like the melt-in-your-mouth-completely-devoid-of-nutritional-value aspect of Popcorn Twists!

Melissa