PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find bedding?

gigoteuse
04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm looking for bedding for my daughter who is 2 year old and is about to move to her big girl bed. I have searched the web, but couldn't find much, it seems that there is a lot for cribs, but after that, it is hard to find. I do not want anything disney or any other character. So far, the one I like best is from kukunest.com but I would like to see a few more before I decide. Also, for an extra challenge, I can't really buy a set because her bed is somewhere between a twin and a full, so the fitted sheets won't fit.

Any suggestions (I'm in the Toronto area)?

Piglet
04-16-2007, 03:50 PM
What about IKEA? The quality isn't the best I have seen, but the price is great and the designs are fun! They are 100% cotton. I have also found some nicer bedding at The Bay, Home Sense and Linens n Things. We usually just buy bright solid coloured sheets for DS1 (and for ourselves too). If I am feeling really creative, I do DS's room up with wall stickers and try to coordinate the solid coloured sheets to match the stickers.

bubbaray
04-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Another vote for Ikea.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

hipmaman
04-16-2007, 06:39 PM
For reasonable price linens, you can always go to Ikea, Home Sense, Zellers, the Bay instead of baby/kid boutiques. Prices vary with design, brands, 100% cotton or cotton/poly blend, thread counts, etc. Bombay Kids is a bit more expensive, but often have clearance sales when season is over or when the collection is discontinued.

I tend to just get the quilt set and coordinating solid sheet sets to suit the quilt set.

If you are handy, you can buy the full set and then remake the fitted sheets to fit her mattress size. Or you can always try to buy separately so that you would not have to buy the fitted sheet.

Here is a couple of pictures of dd's bedroom with quilt set from Home Sense and one of the 2-3 solid jersey sheet sets (like T-shirt material) to suit the colours of the quilt. http://tinyurl.com/2nywd5

Edit to give the right link

Neatfreak
04-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Would Winners have something, perhaps?

hipmaman
04-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Winners and Home Sense is the same store. And lately, Home Sense carries more home stuff while Winners have more clothings. But for those without a Home Sense nearby, Winners would have some home stuff too.

snowangel
04-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Ebay is the best!

bubbaray
04-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Do you have Real Canadian Superstore (Loblaws?) there? I saw some today at our RCS, pretty good selection actually.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

gigoteuse
05-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi!

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I ended up buying a set (the circus one) at Ikea. They had a super cute set with animals that I actually liked better, especially that they had accessories for it, but I realized that bright colors wouldn't fit so well with her furniture (she has a light green iron bed). Also, I wanted something girly for now, before she gets to be a preteen and tells me that that's baby stuff.

Tam, I like what you did for your daughter, I'll keep that in mind for the next stage.

Now, I have to find matching sheets and I'll try the places you have suggested.

I'll have to have a look at bombay kids, I didn't know there was such a thing.

Thanks again!