PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Bra Help

Piglet
06-11-2007, 10:23 PM
nak

okay, i am getting desperate! i need some new nursing bras and can't find anything decent. i have a yes bra that is fine for casual wear. i have a nice-ish bra from thyme, but they don't carry that style anymore. i have tried and hated bravados. where can i find a nice bra that will give me a good shape? i am going to a family wedding in 10 days and have to dress nice for an entire weekend. i need some bras that will be comfy and not saggy.

have you found any good canadian online bra stores? any b&m stores? has anyone tried the la senza nursing bra?

thanks,

NewfieNat
06-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Have you tried the (relatively new) Lifestyle nursing bra from Bravado? It's very different from the original. That's the only one I use this time around. Sorry I don't have more suggestions.

Natalie

Neatfreak
06-12-2007, 08:37 PM
One of my friends really liked the Lifestyle Bravado.

I found this link to Bosom Buddies: http://www.breastfeedingwear.com/nursing_bras.htm They have one called "Fancee Free" that looks like it might be more structured. Also, does Playtex have some in boxes?

I'm probably not much help either. I mainly used the regular Bravado and then worked it out with my regular underwires when I realized that the Bravados were so not working for me anymore!

Laundraholic
06-15-2007, 03:19 PM
I second the Bravado Lifestyle. That's all I used with my youngest, and for someone who only used to wear underwire molded T-shirt bras, it didn't feel all floppy and weird looking.

Some websites tell you to size up with that particular bra because it's on the small side, but I went with the sizing directions on the Bravado website and it was fine.

I'm going to include a rant in here about sizing, though...

With the EXACT same measurements, depending on which website I go to, its calculated my size anywhere with a 38A to a 34B, 32D, 32C AND 32B.

Piglet
06-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Thank you all!

I actually bought the t-shirt bra at La Senza - it is beautiful!

http://www.lasenza.com/eng/categorysearch/redirect.cfm?itemID=113501-001&sectionID=b2c/style/productDetails.cfm&loggedin=false

I will try the Bravado bra if I see it, but the only store that had it here didn't have my size in stock.

chinook
06-20-2007, 09:34 AM
I have two Bravado bras and HATE them. Absolutely not worth the money, in my opinion. They both developed this wierd lint stuff between the two layers of the cups, so I would have to shimmy this lint around so that I didn't have lumps showing through shirts.

I had laundered them according to directions so I'm not sure how this happened. I even emailed them about it and never heard back from them.

If you need a nursing bra that gives you a good shape there's an underwire nursing bra at sears (can't remember if it's Warner or Vogue). It's not quite as comfy as regular old nursing bras but it does give a much nicer shape (it doesn't have molded cups, though, so the "high-beam" effect is still a threat!)

:-)

chinook
06-20-2007, 09:34 AM
I have two Bravado bras and HATE them. Absolutely not worth the money, in my opinion. They both developed this wierd lint stuff between the two layers of the cups, so I would have to shimmy this lint around so that I didn't have lumps showing through shirts.

I had laundered them according to directions so I'm not sure how this happened. I even emailed them about it and never heard back from them.

If you need a nursing bra that gives you a good shape there's an underwire nursing bra at sears (can't remember if it's Warner or Vogue). It's not quite as comfy as regular old nursing bras but it does give a much nicer shape (it doesn't have molded cups, though, so the "high-beam" effect is still a threat!)

:-)

chinook
06-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Whoops - double post - inseert red face here!