PDA

View Full Version : selling on eBay - shipping???

EllasMum
06-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Just wondering if any fellow Canadians sell regularly (or, ever, for that matter), and if so, how do you keep the shipping costs low?? I have some stuff I was considering selling but then when I started thinking about stupid Canada Post's rates, I changed my mind. Is Craigslist a better option??

TIA,
Susan

PS - Happy Canada Day (for Sunday!)!

hipmaman
06-30-2007, 04:22 PM
These days, selling or buying that involve shipping by either USPS or Canada Post can be quite discouraging. Try Craigslist and other local classifieds first. The other thing is depending on the things you sell, you might get more selling locally and not having to pay ebay/paypal fees.

Laundraholic
06-30-2007, 04:23 PM
probably not much help here...
but although I'm a regular ebay buyer, I've shied away from selling on Ebay just because of the whole shipping thing. Everytime I or my husband have decided to sell something, wev'e always done so on craigslist.
Although we'd probably reach a much larger selling audience through ebay, I'd rather actually meet up with the person and put the item in their hand and get the actual money in my hand, and so I don't have to worry about the transaction later or have to deal with misplaced shipping or anything.

I may be just a little bit paranoid though - but the second ebay transaction (as a buyer) I did I never received, and it was a lot of going back and forth. Although it was eventually settled, I don't want to have to worry about things like that if I'm selling.