PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking...

EllasMum
07-25-2007, 10:44 PM
...one of those plastic holders for juice boxes. You know, the hard plastic ones that prevent your kid from squeezing sticky apple juice ALL over your floor?? Anybody seen these around? I have so far checked a couple of grocery stores and Wal-mart.

TIA,
Susan

bubbaray
07-25-2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.babybuyme.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=38

I've purchased from this site (a couple of years ago when they were first opening) and had good service.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

EllasMum
07-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks, Melissa. That's exactly what I've been looking for - I know I have seen them in stores but of course now that I go to buy one they're nowhere to be found... sigh. I will keep the link you sent, though - thanks again!

Susan

torontomom
07-26-2007, 07:11 AM
deleted...

Piglet
07-26-2007, 07:51 PM
We have the Elmo one. It is very cute and fits over the Rubbermaid containers (which don't leak, unlike the box that Elmo came with). The thing to remember is that there are 2 sizes of juice boxes - the old 250 ml ones and the newer 200 ml ones. The old ones fit into the plastic boxes much better than the new ones (or at least the ones I am thinking of). We just started carrying around the Rubbermaid containers empty in the diaper bag and pouring a juice box in as needed. Now DS2 knows not only how to hold a juice box and not spill, but also how to take the straw out of the wrapper and put it into the box... it sounds better in theory than in actuality, as no juice box can be left lying around or he will open it and drink it!

NewfieNat
07-26-2007, 10:17 PM
If you happen to be in Airdrie I know that Cater Tot carries My Dwink Box.

We have the first one posted, got it last summer in Great Falls.

Piglet
07-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one here that drives 5 hours to Great Falls to get some US shopping! We have made that drive far too many times...

torontomom
07-27-2007, 12:02 PM
deleted...

EllasMum
07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
We actually have a Big Bird one - but the stupid nozzle/straw never worked properly and I was too lazy to exchange it. :) I never thought to try it in one of those Rubbermaid containers - which I also have! The only trouble I am foreseeing with these Juice Box Buddies etc is that, as someone mentioned, they are built for the 250ml boxes. Lately I have been buying the McCain (?) Junior Juice boxes which are 125ml - much less waste as DD won't drink a whole big juice. Hmm. Perhaps it's back to the drawing board - or else just pour the boxes into the Rubbermaid one.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

NewfieNat
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Because if not, I saw one today at Shoppers Drug Mart. I think they had Dora and Spongebob. It was one of their "new" style stores.

Natalie

EllasMum
09-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks, Natalie! I swapped out the juice box in my faulty Superstore Big Bird one with an actual Rubbermaid juice box and it fit perfectly. I have been using that, or, reluctantly, just giving DD the actual juice box. So far, so good! I may check out the Dora one anyway, though! :)