PDA

View Full Version : Sears - Lands End and Genevieve LaPierre

Piglet
09-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Yesterday I was in Sears Southcentre (Calgary) and had 2 great finds:

1) a sign that said that Lands End was coming soon (not sure how they define soon, but I am excited nonetheless)

2) CUTE CUTE CUTE kids clothes made by Genevieve LaPierre. I have a good friend that recently came from France and her girls are dressed so cute. This stuff totally reminded me of what her girls wear from France. My biggest challenge was picking the stuff I liked best...

hipmaman
09-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I've seen LE kid items in Oakville, Ontario for several weeks now. There were shoes, backpacks, clothings, lunch bags, etc.

But I have to check out the GL clothing line out now. Really cute?

bubbaray
09-08-2007, 10:17 AM
The LE CS agent I spoke with yesterday told me that most Sears stores in Canada would be carrying some LE items and that 5 more stores would have in-store LE stores. Not sure if that means the 5 ON stores, or 5 more elsewhere.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

bubbaray
09-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I spoke with my local Sears today. They said that one store in the Vancouver area was getting Lands End (Brentwood Mall in Burnaby). I don't know if that means it will be the only store stocking it or if they will be getting the store within a store. They said end of September. Seems a weird store to pick for a launch. Small store, small mall. Hmmm, this is all via telephone. I should go in person and see if I see anything in the store.

Melissa

pamela mom of 3
09-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Their are quite a few LE stores opening up.. i never thought i'd see the day when this happened..

loving it tho, the wallet eh, not so much lol

as to the
Genevieve LaPierre brand i recall having some it for my oldest as toddler, some really nice designs ;)

~Pamela mom to the trio of trouble }(

bubbaray
09-29-2007, 09:40 PM
LE is now instore at Brentwood Mall -- saw it there last week. Womens, mens and kids. And, instore free shipping ordering computer!! AND, free returns of stuff you've ordered online.

They said LE was also instore at the Pacific Center, MetroTown and Coquitlam Center locations. LE online also said Richmond Center, but I didn't confirm that.

HTH

Melissa

Piglet
09-29-2007, 10:21 PM
I checked ours out too, but boy were the prices steep! I didn't see the free shipping computer - that would be awesome. I was really shocked at the mark-up from the catalog pricing (about 30% higher on average), given how well the loonie is doing these days.

bubbaray
09-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Hmm, that's weird. I thought the prices were pretty close to what you'd pay online in US dollars, but with the duty added. For example, the 1/4 zip fleece is $24.50US, but has $4.41 duty online. It is $29Cdn instore. Some things were actually less in store. The faux shearling coat was $89Cdn instore and is $89US, plus duty of $16.11, online ($105.61US). Maybe it just depends on what you are looking at.

Melissa