PDA

View Full Version : Baby Born dolls at Winners in the Lower Mainland

bubbaray
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I saw a lot of the Baby Born dolls (with the potty) at Winners today.

When I got DD#1's, I had to buy it in the US as I couldn't find them in Canada.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

Piglet
10-11-2007, 09:35 AM
I checked them out at our Winners here in Calgary last night. They had a bunch to choose from. I was just wondering how these compared to the Corolle Paul/Emma dolls. I am looking for something for DS2, so I would prefer a boy doll, but he isn't picky. The Baby Born dolls looked a bit freaky to me, but I was never into lifelike dolls as a kid, so all lifelike dolls bug me, LOL! Does your DD like hers? Also, how do they "pee"? Do you squeeze the doll or does it "dribble" out?

Thanks,

bubbaray
10-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Ack, I just had my reply eaten.... GRRRR

We have the BB, which I DO find freaky, but DD#1 LOVES. Calls it her "play baby" (it d/n have another name) and she even BFs it. It pees when the legs are spread apart, whether or not its on the potty. BTW, throw out the food that comes with it, b/c its a PITA to clean.

We also have a Corolle Calin doll, which is much smaller. I prefer it, but DD#1 d/n. She really never plays with it. Not sure why. I think she likes the size of the BB.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

Piglet
10-11-2007, 10:54 PM
I was at Costco today and they have them as well. A nicer looking doll, if you ask me. It is also dressed a bit more gender neutral, so if I buy for DS2, it will be the Costco one.