PDA

View Full Version : First trimester--very few symptoms?

dawell0
03-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Tell me that it is OK (and that the baby is fine) that I am almost 7 weeks pregnant and that I don't have much nausea and have yet to be even close to vomiting. Sorry to freak out, and I have friends that are ticked off at me worrying, but it is my nature. My chest hurts and I have occasion little aches that I tend to ignore, I'm hungry a lot, and I have gained weight. However, since I heard all these horror stories about everyone's morning sickness (i.e. my mom tells me, "I threw up almost every morning when I was pregnant with you until about 6 months.") I'm a little bit tired and do not have the strength to work out very hard, but other than that, I actually feel BETTER pregnant than before. Of course I am eating better. Tell me that you had an uneventful first trimester and that your baby is fine. THANKS! Denise

kedss
03-14-2006, 08:37 AM
I never had any morning sickness either, which was great because I was working with four year olds my first 5 months. :)

Later I had some pretty vicious acid reflux, but that wasn't til late in my last trimester.

Enjoy your pregnancy! :)

elliput
03-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Other than an occasional slight wave of nausea and being more tired than normal, I, too, felt fantastic in my first trimester. The only morning sickness I had didn't start until 5 months and then only once a week for about a month.

Sounds like your body is just agreeable to pregnancy!

ett
03-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I had very little morning sickness during the first trimester and I now have a very healthy 2 1/2 year old. (Just a little more tired than usual and also had to constantly go to the bathroom.) Your body is agreeing very well with the pregnancy. I think everything is just fine. :)

aliceinwonderland
03-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I had very little nausea (never actually threw up) and my only symptom was extreme thirst. That's it. I have a blue-eyed wonder to show for it :) :)

annex
03-14-2006, 10:29 AM
7 weeks can still be early, too. I was fine until 8 weeks, when I had some spicy Thai food that didn't stay down. Then it was downhill from there.

Everyone's body reacts differently to pregnancy hormones. I say enjoy the good while it lasts!

Anne

jbowman
03-14-2006, 10:37 AM
I had no morning sickness at all during my first pregnancy, although I felt nauseated quite a bit during the second. I never got sick during either pregnancy. All pregnancies are different!

Conratulations! :)

randomkid
03-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Count your lucky stars - I was sick my entire pregnancy (well, 33 weeks of a 38 week pregnancy). I have many, many friends who never had any nausea and felt great the whole time. I'm so envious!

Congratulations and enjoy your healthy, nausea-free pregnancy! :-)

mudder17
03-14-2006, 11:12 AM
I had a friend who was so sick with her first pregnancy that she was almost hospitalized and starting her second trimester had to be put on anti-nausea drugs. This time, her pregnancy is completely difference, and although she feels the occasional nausea and tiredness, it's so much better than the first time around. As PP have said, every pg is different. Enjoy it while you can. :)

Congratulations!

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_-6_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 10/1/05, 5lb13oz

buttergirl12
03-14-2006, 12:19 PM
I felt great througout my first pregnancy. Never had any morning sickness. I was very tired and very hungry. This time around I don't have morning sickness (yet) and I'm not as tired but I feel alot more going on inside (little pains and aches).

Manja
WAHM to J 10/2003
and #2 on the way 11/2006

http://b3.lilypie.com/wP8Zm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/f19399.jpg[/img][/url]

smilequeen
03-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Every pregnancy is different and I have known plenty of people who had little to no m/s. I was more sick with my first pregnancy than I was with DS and he is obviously doing great :)

jerseygirl07067
03-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi Denise,

Enjoy yourself! I too was a lucky one, and had no morning sickness and felt great the whole time. I actually loved being pregnant and felt better while pregnant too. If I could bottle up the way I felt and sell to the public, I'd be rich....

Makes me want to go for #3 but that's for another post. :)

Congratulations!

Marcy

TraciG
03-14-2006, 02:17 PM
consider yourself lucky ! I felt pretty good my first trimester too, I was definitely more tired & my stomach was a little queasy.

Good luck, I'm sure you & baby are fine !

TraciG
03-14-2006, 02:17 PM
consider yourself lucky ! I felt pretty good my first trimester too, I was definitely more tired & my stomach was a little queasy.

Good luck, I'm sure you & baby are fine !

amp
03-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Yep, it's possible! I know it's hard not to worry, but try to enjoy being symptom free if you can!

urquie
03-14-2006, 02:28 PM
i never got sick. 3 or 4 times i felt a little nausea (and chewy ginger candy cleared it right up). dd turned out perfect :) my mom says she had nausea with each of four kids for the whole pregnancy.

lizajane
03-14-2006, 03:03 PM
one of my best friends has NEVER felt ONE BIT bad during her entire 20 weeks of pregnancy. she has had ultrasounds and everything is SUPER. lucky you!!!!

dawell0
03-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I will count myself lucky. You just hear that 80% have nausea, and then I start to panic. That's why the doctor should see me sooner, but that's on another post by someone else!

spu
03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi Denise,

I'm 10w pg, and I, too, don't have any nausea. I didn't have nausea with my twins either. I'm dreadfully tired, though, and peeing tons, and crampy, with lots of indigestion. But no nausea or traditional "morning sickness." My o.b. says "that's great!" :)

susan

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amethyst_36m.gif
nursed for 3 years!
http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/superpower.gif

charlotte + else

http://bd.lilypie.com/u2jym5.png
http://b4.lilypie.com/Bmr5m5.png

KrisM
03-14-2006, 08:49 PM
I had no morning sickness, no weight gain until 14 weeks, no symptoms other than a missed period with this baby and I'm at 30 weeks now. It has been such an easy pregnancy, I still sometimes wonder if I'm pregnant. Fortunately, I look it now!

With DS, I did have some queasiness, but nothing near vomiting ever.

new_mommy25
03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
With my first my morning sickness kicked in at 8 weeks. With my second I think it was closer to 9.

maestramommy
03-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Congratulations! Yes, I had an uneventful first trimester. I had spotting so the doctor told me it was a high risk pregancy, which meant I couldn't do much of anything. It sure took the pressure off to work out, because at the end of the day I was too pooped to do anything except take a long nap. But all I had was a slight queasiness when I got really hungry in the mid morning. A little cheese stick took care of that. I actually felt great throughout my pregnancy, and only started getting those aches and pains near the end. DD was tiny, but fully mature, and started packing on the pounds. By 2 months she had totally caught up in her growth rate.

Not everyone spends their first trimester bent over the toliet. Enjoy yourself.

denna
03-15-2006, 12:54 PM
I am now 35 weeks pregnant, and I had absolutely no morning sickness at all. I was also like you very worried, but it turns out not every woman has to have morning sickness. Everything so far is great w/ the baby he is very healthy!!! I wouldn't worry about it. My OB told me that if you are hungry that is when you tend to have morning sickness, so I would eat late at night so I wouldn't be hungry first thing in the morning and it seemed to work. As long as I never got hungry I never felt nausea. HTH.

Take Care and Best of luck w/ your pregnancy.

Denna

writermama
03-15-2006, 08:34 PM
I had a few weeks of nausea but no throwing up with my first pregnancy, this time the nausea was even shorter. (I did have fatigue both times, but less this time I think.) With my first pregnancy, I felt great fromt he second trimester on ... kind of a natural high, energetic but relaxed at the same time.

With the nausea, I found that I was less likely to feel bad if I avoided getting dehydrated and I ate BEFORE I got hungry. I had much more nausea on an empty stomach. I also gained weight in the first trimester, but I figure that if the eating frequent small (healthy, mostly ;) )meals kept me from puking, it was worth it.

My 2 1/2 year old DD is perfectly healthy and my sonogram last week showed another perfectly healthy baby on the way. (But yes, I also worried that something was wrong because I didn't feel bad.)

pittsburghgirl
03-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I didn't have any morning sickness at all, I was hungry (and gained too much weight 1st tri) but other than that no symptoms at all.

My DS was 9 lb 6oz and perfect at birth.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

Katigre
03-24-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm now 39w and had no symptoms my whole 1st trimester (and really, that's continued througyh now--i don't get heartburn, i'm not achy, none of the 'typical' 3rd trimester complaints). I was convinced i had a missed miscarriage b/c i wasn't nauseous or throwing up or anything like that. But nope, i have a very healthy baby growing inside me and am just one of the lucky ones who have easy pregnancies i guess.

stefani
03-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Hi Denise,

Well, how about this: not finding out that I was pregnant until 12 weeks? DS is 2.5 years old now and a happy, healthy toddler (with some temper tantrums thrown in occasionally :-) So, no nausea no vomitting during the first trimester and the whole pregnancy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and an uneventful 7 weeks :-) Like my OB said, uneventful is a good thing! Wishing you the best with the rest of your pregnancy!

hautemama15
03-26-2006, 07:55 AM
well, with my first two I had only exhaustion to deal with. No nausea, barely sore bbs, no nothing. With #3, pretty much the same thing, except I had queasiness maybe 3 times, but no throwing up or anything like that. ONce I got past the first 10 weeks my tiredness went away too and I really felt great. It didn't worry me back then, but with this PG, it has worried me about the lack of symptoms. I think the main thing to worry about is if you actually have major symptoms and the they suddenly disappear!! You are FINE!!

tbriese
03-27-2006, 01:31 AM
denise,

i had an uneventful 1st trimester and my baby was fine. the only thing i can remember was being TIRED!!! i'm sure everything is hunky-dory :-) . however, it is in a pregnant woman's nature to worry ;-)