View Full Version : Who Has the Best Chicken Nuggets?
08-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Just for fun (because every restaurant seems to put chicken nuggets or strips on the children's menu), who do you (or your child) think has the best chicken nuggets?
We can do 3 categories:
1) Fast Food
2) Chain Restaurants
3) To Prepare at Home
08-04-2004, 01:55 PM
pamela mom of 3
08-04-2004, 06:35 PM
3. They actually like a grocery store house brand, their shaped like cars, trains and planes LOL ;)
~Pamela Mom Of 3
08-04-2004, 08:27 PM
1) KFC (crispy strips actually, we all love them here, even the kids!)
2) TGI Fridays (I love them in the chicken finger BLT, but they'r good plain too)
3) I forget the brand, but the ones shaped like dinosaurs and racing cars are big in this house. Tyson? Banquet?
08-04-2004, 08:55 PM
I agree. KFC does have good Crispy Strips. I do think they are better than Wendy's, although DS seems to prefer the nuggets from Wendy's.
08-04-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm afraid my answers are too obscure to be helpful!
1) Chicken Frites at F&B in NYC. About as thin as your finger, crispy and delicious.
2) no answer for this one, we tend to end up at a diner more often than a chain restaurant.
3) First choice for taste are the Bell & Evans chicken nuggets or strips you can get at Whole Foods. Big downside though is that they're actually uncooked frozen chicken so you have to bake them for 20-30 minutes. For convenience I like the Tyson's chicken strips.
08-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Can I just say how exciting it is to actually be able to participate in this thread? Colin's only started eating these in the last couple of weeks! So, of course our favorites aren't THAT set in stone. :)
2. Ruby Tuesday's
3. Those Dino Nuggets from Costco
08-05-2004, 12:17 AM
This is based on our children's preferences:
1. Tie: McDonald's/Carl's Jr.
2. Tie: Rainforest Cafe/Mimi's Cafe
3. Chicken Dinosaurs (made by Tyson)
What a fun topic!
Edited to add: #3 is from Costco (had to add that since a couple of moms also mentioned it... :) )
08-05-2004, 03:12 AM
This is according to my 12 year old, who until he was 10 years old ALWAYS ordered chicken nuggets- (and loves dipping them in ranch dressing)
Fast Food- Wendy's
Resturant- Red Robin (chicken fingers)
Home- I never do it at home because I think he already eats too many of them elsewhere
08-05-2004, 11:26 AM
2) Chili's-huge portion and we can share!
3) None-it's not the same at home and he knows the difference.
Another boy EDD 9/20/04
08-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Oooh - a topic that is very near and dear to our hearts since Tom has been on a chicken nuggets-only diet for the last few weeks...
3) Tyson Chicken Bites
08-07-2004, 02:19 AM
1) Wendy's hands down (my opinion)
2) not sure, I try to stay away from them unless it is the only option for the kids (often it is the only option sans dairy)
3) I don't normally fix these at home.
08-08-2004, 10:49 PM
2) Champ's (Good portion and it's real chicken) These are strips
3) She's only had one kind and they were so gross I haven't made them since. My dad makes good ones from scratch though
Proud Mommy to Martie
Hi! I buy the Bell and Evans chicken nuggets and chicken fingers and I put them in the microwave and they come out fully cooked and delicious!
I put one chicken nugget in for one minute and one finger in for 3 minutes.
I hope this helps and makes life easier!!!!
09-11-2004, 02:56 PM
DD and I love Chik-Fil-A's nuggets best! At home, we sometimes have the dinosaur shaped ones.
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.