View Full Version : One day in NYC -- what to do with DC?
10-01-2007, 10:08 AM
We're going to be in NYC for 1 day at the beginning of November. I haven't been in years, and never with DC. We're already planning to do the Statue of Liberty (both DC recognize it already). Also, I want to see the WTC site before they build over it, so we'll head there for just a couple of minutes. Not sure what else to do while we're there. I think it'll be too early to do the whole Rockfeller Center tree/ice skating thing. Other ideas of things to see/do while we're there that are VERY kid friendly? We're taking the train from Trenton, and will use public transportation while we're there.
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)
10-02-2007, 11:34 AM
- Central Park Zoo and the Carousel
- Make reservations for you and your dd to have lunch at the American Girl Place and send your ds with your dh for some male bonding time
- Go to FAO Scwartz, play the floor piano and have a treat in their ice cream parlour
- Empire State Building
- If you're in Times Square there is an M&M store
- Have afternoon tea in one of the hotels. We like the St. Regis
- Go for a treat or a meal at Serendipity. I don't believe they take reservations though so you might want to call and check
- See if there is a special exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. There was a neat mythical creatures exhibit this summer but I don't know if it's still there
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.