PDA

View Full Version : Tyke Lights still on clearance at Babycenter.com

swampnurse
11-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Just an FYI. I order 4 of these when ya'll first told me about the deal. I just checked and they still have them for $12 so i ordered 4 more. I love to stock up on good gifts to give!

Alyssa
"When you know better, you do better. But you never pay full price"

Maxlee
11-22-2007, 08:39 AM
does anyone know the difference beteween the clearance tyke lights and the ones that are regular price? It looks like the more expensive ones have more features. Anyone if know if its worth getting the newer ones?

MarisaSF
11-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Anyone know where this is made and what type of plastic it's made from? My daughter wants "a flashlight she can sleep with" (as in, fall asleep while holding) and I'm stumped.

eb1
11-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Tried to research this same point yesterday--I was able to confirm that it's made in China, but nothing about the type of plastic. Some descriptions said "soft plastic" and others said "hard plastic." Either way, I skipped it, since I figured my DS would want to snuggle it....got a plug-in nightlight instead.

Does anyone who purchased this have more info? The Mobi website doesn't have any safety/testing info (much less manufacturing info) posted.

MarisaSF
11-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks. I looked on several sites too and saw both "soft plastic" and "hard plastic" used. CPSC doesn't have any recall items listed for Mobi. It's very cute, but I think I'll be skipping too. I didn't really want DD to snuggle with a flashlight anyway. LOL.

mom2lm
11-22-2007, 01:44 PM
This is a little off topic, but if you're looking for a light to snuggle with, have you seen the glo-e bears/dogs/monkeys? My daughters have these at night and they turn off after a certain number of minutes.

http://tinyurl.com/3x69zy

They have the smaller glo-e "babies" at walmart (not as great of quality but our dog has held up fine for a year) and the regular ones are at target and toys r us.

adoringmommy
11-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't know what they are made of but I was planning to buy one till I read a warning message on a board that I belong to.

Someone posted that she had a Tykelight on the floor next to her dd's bed. Blankets fell off the bed and knocked it off the base. By the time she found it and moved the blankets, the base had melted and scorched. She thinks it would have caught fire if she hadn't caught it when she did.

gatorruth
11-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I got DS this one-

http://www.photoframesplus.com/pi-2830-pi.html

It is a LED light and doesnt' get hot. I waste no batteries on it because it plugs in and is rechargeable. He is 4 1/2, so part of his morning responsibilities is remembering to plug it in so he can use it at night. I turn it off before I go to sleep- he's used it for about 6 mos. and we haven't had any issues...

Good luck!

eb1
11-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Yikes! Thanks for the info.