PDA

View Full Version : Child's apron at IKEA

DrSally
09-27-2009, 11:03 PM
DS has been asking for a kid's apron. We were at IKEa today and saw a cute and neutral one for 2.99! It's a little long for a toddler, but doesn't drag on the floor. He can grow into it.

citymama
09-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Score! Love IKEA; rarely muster up the courage to go. Any other good finds?

DrSally
09-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Oh, I also found a 4 pack of realy mini glass bowls (like ramakens but smaller) for DS's honey/syrup for dipping. I hate when I pour honey on his plate and I end up wasting so much b/c it spreads out. I like glass too b/c I can warm up the syrup (I keep real maple in the fridge). They also had a stainless steel version of these.

lizzywednesday
09-28-2009, 12:31 PM
I got my own apron from IKEA many moons ago and it's still as long as I need it to be, although it's shrunk a bit (100% cotton) ... it's great - the waist tie is also the neck strap because it runs along the top portion in two pockets, so I've looped the strings around my waist when it was new (pre-shrinking) to keep them out of my way.

If the kids' apron is constructed the same way, couldn't you fold it up at the waistline and tie it around the middle so your DC isn't overwhelmed by it?

DrSally
09-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I got my own apron from IKEA many moons ago and it's still as long as I need it to be, although it's shrunk a bit (100% cotton) ... it's great - the waist tie is also the neck strap because it runs along the top portion in two pockets, so I've looped the strings around my waist when it was new (pre-shrinking) to keep them out of my way.

If the kids' apron is constructed the same way, couldn't you fold it up at the waistline and tie it around the middle so your DC isn't overwhelmed by it?

It's really not too big at all, just doesn't fit "perfectly", is what I was trying to say.