PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your IKEA easel?

DrSally
09-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I saw they were 14.99. They have a tray for paints and seem to be fine. Do you like yours? Are they durable? How do you think they compare to the M&D easel. I should've gotten the Xmas deal last year, but I felt I was buying too much.

katydid1971
09-28-2009, 10:53 PM
for $15 you can't beat it. I like it fine, I can't compare it to the M&D one but I can't imagine it would that much better to be worth 3 or 4 times more JMHO

citymama
09-29-2009, 02:35 AM
I snapped up the M&D easel last Xmas on amazon.com when it was $25 and we LOVE it. If you find it at that price, grab it. I've seen the IKEA one at the store - it seems to do the job and $15 is hard to beat.

hellokitty
09-29-2009, 09:07 AM
I agree with katydid. The ikea one is nice, BUT the M&D one is a LOT nicer. If you can find the M&D one for a good price, it's worth it, but the ikea one will do the job. With that being said, I am such a neat freak, I don't let my kids use their easel much for painting, b/c I don't want paint splattered all over the place, so it's probably good that we only spent $15 on ours, b/c it just gathers dust.

Charlie
09-29-2009, 10:31 AM
We just got one this past weekend. A friend had it and DS was really into it, and for the price I figured what the heck. So far, we have only used the chalkboard side. I am surprised at how nice it is for $15 but I can't compare it to any other easels.

schrocat
09-29-2009, 10:40 AM
We have both the Ikea and the M & D easels. The M & D easel lives in our house and the Ikea easel is at my parents' house in Singapore. I like the Ikea easel more. I love how the Ikea easel folds flat and really for $15, it's an amazing deal. We've never used the paint cups for the M and D easel and DS has broken 2 of the clips that you use to hold the paper. We also have some cracks on the whiteboard side.

DrSally
09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Tough decision. I'm hoping it will go onsale again for Xmas, but who knows. I shoud've snapped it up last year. Good to hear good reviews of the IKEA one. Maybe I should just pick it up. I would be using it outside on the deck anyway.