PDA

View Full Version : How to get started with Playmobil

elbert
10-07-2009, 12:05 PM
I think DD (almost 3) is a little young for Playmobil, but I really think she will enjoy it. She has a birthday coming up, so I'm wondering if maybe some Playmobil items should be one of her gifts from the grandparents.

Any thoughts on good starter sets? I don't want to go overboard, but it seems that you need either a larger set or a few smaller ones to have enough to engage the kids in it... Suggestions? Where can we get the best price (since it seems that Playmobil can be costly)?

kayte
10-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Have you checked Craigslist?

alirebco
10-07-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm not a Playmobil expert but have you checked out the 123 line? The other Playmobil is for kids 4 and up, and I have seen some really tiny pieces in those sets. Again, DS is almost 2 so there is no way I would get him regular Playmobil yet! Hopefully some of the moms who have experience can chime in!

sadie427
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Some of the pieces are really tiny as a pp said--many 3 year olds would be ok with it, but you'd have to do the assembly (not too difficult.) I find that there's no minimum sized set necessary to engage the kids in it actually--DS loves to save up his allowance and get just one figure (for as little as $3.50.). Kidsurplus.com has good prices, as does target. You could do either regular playmobil or the 1-2-3 for a three year old--for a third birthday I'd probably do the regular if she doesn't mouth stuff.