PDA

View Full Version : Zhu Zhu Pets?

hbridge
10-10-2009, 08:06 AM
So DC came home from school yesterday talking about the Zhu Zhu pets TV show. After bedtime I did a search and realized it wasn't a show, but a toy; a VERY COOL toy.

However, it's mid-October and I just spent $28 at Amazon on an $8 toy so I'm sure to have one for Christmas morning. Does anyone know if the supply is coming back AT ALL before Christmas? I made sure I got the pet and the bed since that is what DC will NEED, however I'd love to get the house, but not at Amazon prices. Santa can always do a IOU, but I'm wondering what the word is on supply.

Oh, we have very little near us so would need to order from an on-line retailer.

swrc00
10-10-2009, 10:00 AM
My sister has my entire family looking for the critters. A local Hallmark sells them near me but they are selling out very quickly. Walmart in my area also is selling them. You can sign up for notification when they arrive in the store. My sister also bought some from Amazon. I am on the lookout for accessories.

brookemd
10-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I overheard an employee at TRU last week saying that they occasionally got them in but that stock was going to be very limited until well after the holidays. It is supposedly "THE" hot toy for this holiday season. Amazon or ebay may be your best bet, and the prices now are probably lower than they will be closer to the holidays.

Good luck!
:)

melissaflorida
10-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I called TRU and found out when the shipment was coming in which is on Thurs in S. Florida. I was able to get all 4 hamsters and all the accessories for retail!!

Call your TRU and Walmart and find out when the truck comes in and get there!!

Good luck!!

~Melissa

hbridge
10-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Thank you all so much. Since Toys R Us isn't really local, I'm not going to be able to get there at a moments notice. But now I know that I need to get on this NOW. I just ordered two hamsters, a bed and the exercise ball from Amazon (for WAY too much money). However, Amazon has a 30 day return policy and I'm sure as the holidays approach I can resell them for at least what we paid or donate them to be auctioned by charity.

Also, I put the extended family on alert to be on the lookout when they are out and about. I'm not sure how this is going to go, but DC has been begging for a Guinea Pig for months so this is a toy that will definitely be loved.

hbridge
10-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Oops, I just realized I accidently ordered three hamsters (I was wondering why my bill at Amazon was so high...). So, I definitely will have an extra or two (that I am paying $22 to $24 for). That's what I get for rushing an order out with DC in the room...

kboyle
10-10-2009, 10:48 PM
we were also looking for them...i checked ALL STORES 3 days after they came on the market and they were already sold out, i occasionally call TRU or walmart to check their stock, but they tell me they sell out so fast or sometimes they just laugh...these will probably be an easter basket gift for us...i dont have the patience to battle holiday madness, lol

hbridge
10-12-2009, 03:51 PM
we were also looking for them...i checked ALL STORES 3 days after they came on the market and they were already sold out, i occasionally call TRU or walmart to check their stock, but they tell me they sell out so fast or sometimes they just laugh...these will probably be an easter basket gift for us...i dont have the patience to battle holiday madness, lol

I just got a call from my mother who is wondering if a 6 yo boy would like them. She needs a good gift for a family friend's 6 yo old boy and since I have an extra hamster and just sent her on an expedition for accessories (toys r us says they have two types in stock) she's wondering if it's appropriate for a boy as well. I'm thinking the white or grey.

Mom's of boys, what do you think?

Oh, and we told DD that they are sold out and may be available at Easter since now she wants to buy them "with her own money"...