PDA

View Full Version : Your DS's favorite Playmobil toys?

gatorsmom
10-19-2009, 12:55 AM
There are so many out there!!! I'm trying to find something Cha Cha, my 4yo, might like for Christmas. Which Playmobil toys do the boys in your life like best?

hellokitty
10-19-2009, 08:11 AM
My boys are all about the vehicles. Forget about any playmobil that are houses or the ppl. They just like it if it's transportation oriented. I think their favorite is some sort of snow truck that has catepillar wheels on it.

JBaxter
10-19-2009, 08:36 AM
The airplanes both the jet and the regional jet. The second ( close second) is the police station we have the swat van that goes with it.

This year he wants the Vet Clinic.

Jen841
10-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Both are loved! The Cargo station gets no love.

rlmomto5
10-19-2009, 09:23 AM
My son loves the jet and the helicopter.

BeachBum
10-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Pirate ships and police boat.

carolinamama
10-19-2009, 10:42 AM
The boat, submarine, police helicopter and police motorcycle have been hits here. I got great advice from the owners of a local store that sells LOTS of Playmobile - for the 4-5 yos, most tend to like the more "real-life" things like police stuff, fire engines, construction, and boats. He stopped me from buying an intricate pirate set and I am very glad for that. He thought that kids started getting into more of that in the next year or so. Of course, every child is different.

Karenn
10-19-2009, 10:54 AM
DS has always loved his pirates.

sadie427
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
DS just got a big gift certificate to a toy store, and out of a huge selection he chose a knight set with a sword in a stone, another knight set that comes with one guy and a bunch of accessories (horse, bow and arrow etc) in a little carrying case, and the pharoah's tomb set (has a mummy inside.) The runner up was the skate park. He also likes the pirates.

pb&j
10-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Boats, because they really float and are lots of bathtime fun!

brittone2
10-19-2009, 12:32 PM
We started w/ the camper/RV for DS. That's when I realized my DD loved playmobil too LOL. She jumped right into it at 2 (was past the stage of mouthing things) and played right along with him ;)

My kids are getting a farm set from DH and I this year. My parents picked up the pirate ship and horse farm from Costco for them.

In the early PM days, DS bought himself the car repair and tuning shop. He still likes playing with the little jack, taking the tires on/off, etc. but he's a total car nut ;) They like the city van too (a little mini van). DD is a horse nut and likes the horse trailer set, which comes with a cute jeep (which both kids like).

I think I'd start w/ some vehicles like PPs said. If I remember right you and your family camp pretty regularly? We have a pop up and my parents have an RV, so my kids really, really liked the PM RV (has a little potty, little sink, small table that you can pull out, plates, forks, etc.).

new_mommy25
10-19-2009, 12:34 PM
My DS is going through a King Arthur stage and is really into the knight sets. He told me he is planning to ask Santa for more "bad guys and catapults". lol!

ett
10-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks for asking this question as I've been meaning to ask the same thing. :) DS2 is turning 3 in a couple of months and I wanted to get him some Playmobil for Christmas and birthday. He does not mouth things anymore, has pretty good fine motor skills, is getting into pretend play, and basically just likes to play with big boy toys, so I thought these would be good for him.

brittone2
10-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks for asking this question as I've been meaning to ask the same thing. :) DS2 is turning 3 in a couple of months and I wanted to get him some Playmobil for Christmas and birthday. He does not mouth things anymore, has pretty good fine motor skills, is getting into pretend play, and basically just likes to play with big boy toys, so I thought these would be good for him.

Yeah, around here most people say 3 is too young for PM but my DD was into DS's PM before she turned 2 LOL. She was more into pretend play with figures than he was at the same age. She's turning 3 in a few months but has been playing with PM a lot for quite some time now. I think it really depends on hte kid... I see why some people say 3 is too young for anything other than PM 123, but DD has been enjoying it for a good long time now LOL. DS would not have been interested at 2 or 3.

gatorsmom
10-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah, around here most people say 3 is too young for PM but my DD was into DS's PM before she turned 2 LOL. She was more into pretend play with figures than he was at the same age. She's turning 3 in a few months but has been playing with PM a lot for quite some time now. I think it really depends on hte kid... I see why some people say 3 is too young for anything other than PM 123, but DD has been enjoying it for a good long time now LOL. DS would not have been interested at 2 or 3.

I'm glad to hear this because i was thinking that Sisi could play with the PM toys too. She loves to play pretend and loves playing with Cha cha in particular so maybe that would give them something to work on together. And yes, I'm thinking the PM RV would be perfect for them. LOL she's not as into planes and trucks as her brothers. They are crazy about them. :)

firstbaby
10-19-2009, 03:47 PM
DS1 got the skate park last year for Christmas at almost 5 and DS2 got the camper for Christmas and he was 2.5. They spend HOURS playing with their PM. The camper gets played with everyday, and the skate park gets played with a few times a week. We also have the ambulance, jeep and horse trailer, an older pick up truck, a couple of boats and some sets like the police station and vet hospital, and two of the take along sets - the doll house and construction set. ITA with the PP that said the vehicles get used more than the sets - DS's pull them into every "scene" they set up. But, between all the sets, the police station has been a HUGE hit and DS1 is really hoping for the Forest Truck for Christmas this year. I think it is hard to go wrong with PM. Also, FWIW, Magnatiles are often used to help them make houses and other structures to go with their PM play. I don't know if you have them, but just wanted to mention that too :)

brittone2
10-19-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm glad to hear this because i was thinking that Sisi could play with the PM toys too. She loves to play pretend and loves playing with Cha cha in particular so maybe that would give them something to work on together. And yes, I'm thinking the PM RV would be perfect for them. LOL she's not as into planes and trucks as her brothers. They are crazy about them. :)

Hopefully she'll enjoy it! I never would have expected DD to get soooo into it, but she really loved it from the first things she got her hands on of DS's PM :wink2:

She liked setting the table that comes w/ the RV w/ the little plates, having the people use the potty :p ...I think the RV comes with a bike or two as well (we have some other bikes) and they liked that. DD needed help w/ some of the little pieces which is sometimes a PITB, but she really enjoyed it.

If your boys like vehicle play, a popular item around here was also a "bag" set from PM (no box, meant as an add on set) that was a gas station. He uses that with his matchbox cars, PM, etc. It was pretty inexpensive from Ridge Road station at the time. Maybe $15 or less?

MichelleRC
10-19-2009, 05:01 PM
My boys, particularly the 5 y.o. LOVE the airport and cargo sets. They also like the ambulance and forklift and garage. They have a small pirate set that was a gift, but they are not so interested in pirates. They like the real life stuff more. DS1 is getting the animal clinic from my IL's for his birthday this week. The jet is on our holiday list to go with the airport.