PDA

View Full Version : S/O Magnatiles vs. Magformers

Melaine
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Anyone have any experience with Magformers? They *appear* to be a less expensive version of Magnatiles and have good Amazon reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Magformers-30-Magnetic-Building-Set/dp/B000HDC3QE/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_1

KrisM
10-21-2009, 06:07 PM
My neighbor has them and is pleased. I have Magnatiles and like that there are more than just 2 shapes. Magnatiles have 2 sizes of squares and 3 different triangles, which just make more interesting objects.

katydid1971
10-21-2009, 06:30 PM
We have these and they are a lot of fun. My brother gave them to DS last year for Christmas. FWIW, DH and I play with these much more than DS does. I can't compare them to Megnatiles and DS isn't a big "building toy" guy if that helps. As far safety goes, I like how the magnets are totally encased in hard plastic. I would recomend these.

Gena
10-21-2009, 07:16 PM
We have Magformers and love them! DS got them for Christmas last year from MIL. They came with a booklet that shows several different things you can build and we have a lot of fun inventing our own structures as well. I definately recommend them.

Hippoharbor
10-24-2009, 04:38 PM
We have both. I do not like the magformers. My son and his friends never play with them. I think the magnatiles are much 'easier' to play with and build. the magformers are smaller and seem to collapse and stick to eachother much more than the magnatiles, which make it difficult to use.