PDA

View Full Version : so what was the verdict on the Matchbox Mega Rig Space Shuttle?

nicknack
10-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Wasn't that a hot gift last year? Did your kids like it? Still playing with it? How old are they? I just found it at Marshalls for $19.99 so I grabbed it just in case. Not 100% sure, though, if my son will be THAT into it, but figured I could always return. He's going to be 6 next month, that a bit old for this?
Any info would be great, thanks!

kristac
10-25-2009, 01:21 PM
We LOVE ours. DS was turning 4 when he got it last Christmas and he still plays with it nearly daily. I think that the whole Mega-Rigs line has alot of play value even for older boys. There are alot of reviews online of older kids (10+) enjoying them as well. We have several other sets as well that add to the fun but even if we just had the shuttle I'm sure it would still be a favorite. We bought a few of the other sets on Craigslist from a 13 year old whose mother said he had just outgrown them. I like that it is pretty realistic (unlike this years imaginext one) and that you can configure it in so many different ways. My 2.5 year old loves to play with it too (though he can't always configure it by himself). I can't say enough good things about it honestly and $19.99 was a steal!

willow33
10-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Absolutely love it! My boys are 4.5 and 6.5 now and they still play with it several times/week. I wish I had two so they wouldn't fight over it! $20 is a great deal and I'm sure your ds will love it even at 6.

nicknack
10-25-2009, 09:30 PM
That's great to know, thanks! FYI, if someone's interested, I got it at the Marshalls at the Loop in Methuen and I think they had one or two left.

DrSally
10-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Wow, you found it at Marshalls for that price! I have it on my Amazon wish list based on recommendations here and it's almost $100.

annasmom
10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
AWESOME!! It is a really great toy.

My friend's son has been playing with ours every time he comes over since last Christmas. She also recently found it at Marshalls. Very good score!!