PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep your house smelling nice?

elektra
10-25-2009, 01:52 PM
DH always wants to spray febreeze which I cannot stand. We have compromised on him burning candles or those oil diffuser things but those are usually way too strong for me, not to mention the child safety hazards associated with that stuff.
Anything fruity or floral makes me gag usually.
I like witch hazel, lavender, peppermint type of scents.

My CHCP vinegar spray with either peppermint or lavender isn't cutting it so much these days with damp dogs, spitup and general funk.

Help!

neeleymartin
10-25-2009, 02:15 PM
DH always wants to spray febreeze which I cannot stand. We have compromised on him burning candles or those oil diffuser things but those are usually way to strong for me, not to mention the child safety hazards associated with that stuff.
Anything fruity or floral makes me gag usually.
I like witch hazel, lavender, peppermint type of scents.

My CHCP vinegar spray with either peppermint or lavender isn't cutting it so much these days with damp dogs, spitup and general funk.

Help!

:yeahthat: i could have written this post myself. i agree with everything you said. maybe you and i are distant twins separated at birth. hoping for responses to tame the stench.

ourbabygirl
10-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Would sprinkling baking soda on the carpet, and vacuuming it up afterwards, help? I know that there are products you can buy to 'soak up' the stink- I think they contain some form of carbon or something? If you don't want open orange boxes of baking soda sitting throughout your house, Renuzit has a blue 'odor neutralizer' thing, and Bed, Bath, & Beyond has a jar thing thing that's supposed to absorb odors and be pet-, kid-, etc. safe. They were selling them up at the front counters for $9.99, I think.
Or if you do like certain scents, could you do a diffuser- jar of some scented oil and sticks inside it? They have some non-offensive ones out there, like lemon, apple, lavender, etc.