PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp - Seat Pad?

MeISOE
10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
DS is 22 months. I want to get him a Tripp Trapp. I've been stalking the threads but keep missing the deals so I'm giving up and ordering at full price this week. The seat pads are all fairly expensive, and since I can't find a deal on the chair itself, I was wondering if I could skip the padding.

This seems cruel as I type it, but does it really make a difference to an almost 2 yo? I could understand wanting it for a smaller person, but my son seems fairly indestructible (and messy) at this point. Any thoughts? And last call for any deals??

MontrealMum
10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
We have the pad and no longer use it. Maybe when he stops spilling :tongue5: but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. We did use it initially (started using the TT around 5 mos or so?) and I just got sick of removing the thing to wash it - also I stupidly ordered a white-based pattern! DS is now 26 months and has no complaints about sitting on the wooden seat, and he is verbal enough that he would complain if it bothered him. They do have that added padding afforded by their diapers :)

Melaine
10-26-2009, 04:46 PM
We have had the TTs like 6 months and never had the pads. I wasn't willing to put the extra money into the investment. I think they would annoy me having to wash constantly also. I'd skip it if it were me.

kayte
10-26-2009, 04:49 PM
We have never used ours. DD has been using it since about 15 months.

Melanie
10-26-2009, 05:12 PM
I don't think it's cruel, we sit on wooden chairs without pads. :) Having said that we did eventually get the pad for Dd b/c it was so slippery and she is such a wiggleworm at the table she'd fall out of her chair! It's helped... Ds have never complained about sitting on a wood chair.

elliput
10-26-2009, 05:56 PM
DD started using her TT regularly at about 22 month and has never had a pad on it. With DS we have used the TT from 6 months and have used the pad set, but since he is really getting into the self feeding stage I am going to take it off as it is just a crumb catcher now.

elektra
10-26-2009, 06:01 PM
We got our TT as a combo deal with the pads thrown in for free. I tried them out but I am so glad I didn't pay extra for them because they are not necessary at all. They just get dirty so fast and part of the reason that the TT is so great is that it's so easy to clean without the pads.

ahrimie
10-27-2009, 01:29 AM
:yeahthat: i never use mine anymore!

Neatfreak
10-27-2009, 04:33 AM
DD2 has sat in a Tripp Trapp since she was seven months without any sort of seat pad.

MeISOE
10-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I'm going to take the plunge and order tonight even without a sale price. Right now DS is in a booster seat attached to our normal chairs, and he managed to push on the table just right and tip his chair over. Luckily it was in super-slow-mo so DH and I both were able to catch it before any heads were banged. But that certainly motivated me that saving $30 in another month isn't worth the fear of this happening again. Now at least I know I can save the money on the padding. :yay: