PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for first Imaginext?

stephanie2377
11-03-2009, 02:15 PM
My son is 4.5yo and we'd like to get him some Imaginext for Christmas. I have to admit that I am a bit overwhelmed!

Any suggestions on what to start with? There is a new dragon type castle, I've seen. I've seen a pirate ship, fire station, another castle, etc.

We were thinking of getting one big item and then some of the accessories.
What set has your child most enjoyed?

Thank you!!
Stephanie

katydid1971
11-03-2009, 02:39 PM
I think it really depends on your child's interests. My DS likes his castle, my DN is wild about the space shuttle and a good friends DS is really into the batman set. I think they are all pretty good, what are your DC's interests?

SnuggleBuggles
11-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I'd vote for the castle. We have that and the pirate ship. I think you can do a bit more with the castle, just my impression. We have lots of the accessories for it because we found them all on clearance at K-Mart. The figurines have been played with more than any of the vehicles and bigger add-ons. That new dragon castle looks really cool. TRU has it for a good price right now.

Beth

Tondi G
11-03-2009, 03:18 PM
My 4.5 year old is asking for the Space Shuttle (this one has lights and sounds) and the Batcave (this one is larger) for Christmas. He has played with the fire station at a friends house quite a bit too!

PAfirsttimemom
11-04-2009, 01:07 PM
The fire station was my son's (now 3 1/2) favorite gift last Christmas! He's kind of into pirates a little bit now, so I'm thinking I may look for a sale on the pirate ship for this Christmas.

stephanie2377
11-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the input! My husband is a firefighter, so I am thinking he might like the fire station and then some of the rescue accessories. Then, the castle and knight/dragon accessories look really cool. He's never really played with a castle before!

He talks about pirates. So, he might like the pirate ship.

See my dilemma? I'll just look for some good prices. :)

Any hints on where to look for the best prices?
Thank you!!
Stephanie

SnuggleBuggles
11-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm not the world's best bargain shopper but I have noticed that TRU often has bonus accessories with the bigger items ("TRU exclusive") and the price is the same as Target without the bonus stuff.

Beth

katydid1971
11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
TRU has the fire station in their big book for $40, the castle for $45 and the bat cave for $35.

Tondi G
11-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm not the world's best bargain shopper but I have noticed that TRU often has bonus accessories with the bigger items ("TRU exclusive") and the price is the same as Target without the bonus stuff.

Beth

I saw the batcave at Target came with 3 extra figures (joker, penguin and someone else?), didn't see the same at TRU.