PDA

View Full Version : Does Costco offer price adjustments?

SnuggleBuggles
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm doubting they do but just thought Id check here. We bought an entertainment stand there over Christmas and today a $100 off coupon for that item came. :( It'd be nice to have a $100 back! If We could get it back to the store we could do it that way (return/ rebuy) but it weighs at least 200lbs and wouldn't be worth the effort.

Beth

roobee
01-05-2010, 05:43 PM
My "return/rebuy" often doesn't have an item leave the store. For example, I bought a window air conditioner at Target and DH installed it - later the same air conditioner was on sale 50% off. I just bought the cheaper a/c and returned it using the first original receipt. I wheeled my cart directly from the check out lanes to the service desk to return it - never left the store. I would totally do that for $100.

infocrazy
01-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure about a coupon, but yes, they do price adjustments, at least they did. LAST Christmas, I bought a toy, that reduced in price twice.

I never had my receipt so it was always some drama but they did do it for me.

nrp
01-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Depending on who is checking you out, they may not PA on the coupon, but as PP suggested, you can just buy a new one and return it on your old receipt. This was actually suggested to me by a Costco manager when I had the same issue with a camera a few weeks ago.

ZeeBaby
01-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Depending on who is checking you out, they may not PA on the coupon, but as PP suggested, you can just buy a new one and return it on your old receipt. This was actually suggested to me by a Costco manager when I had the same issue with a camera a few weeks ago.

I am actually about to do this later on in the week. They say that you have to have a transaction for the item during the coupon week to get the discount, so I am hoping this works for me.

MMMommy
01-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Costco does do price adjustments. My experience with them (and what I've been told by Costco) is that you generally have 30 days and you need to get the adjustment at the Costco in which you purchased the item. Not sure if different Costco personnel say different things, but that is what I was told at our local Costco.

DebbieJ
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Costco does do price adjustments. My experience with them (and what I've been told by Costco) is that you generally have 30 days and you need to get the adjustment at the Costco in which you purchased the item. Not sure if different Costco personnel say different things, but that is what I was told at our local Costco.

I was told the same thing at our local Costco during the last coupon run. I had purchased some PUR filters in Oct, then a $10 coupon showed up. I had to rebuy and return since my purchase was past the 30 day mark.

infomama
01-05-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm doubting they do but just thought Id check here. We bought an entertainment stand there over Christmas and today a $100 off coupon for that item came. :( It'd be nice to have a $100 back! If We could get it back to the store we could do it that way (return/ rebuy) but it weighs at least 200lbs and wouldn't be worth the effort.

Beth
We just bought that stand yesterday!! Really like it, too. Our Costco said they do price adjustments all the time so just bring in your receipt after the 7th.

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
01-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Yup. I've done it on Nestle Chocolate Chips...bought them one week, next week a coupon for $2 off came out. Just bring in your receipt.

conniez
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I would call them & verify. My local Costco said that all of the Costco's will be changing their policy & will no longer price adj. for items bought before the coupon comes out.

SnuggleBuggles
01-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Fingers crossed on this. I am glad to hear some possible solutions. I figure if it works, great, if not I already paid for it and will just call it a day.

Infomama- I like it too. :) Let me know if you come up with a solution for the dust and fingerprints on the top! It's just at the right height where I see everything and it's driving me batty. I hadn't realized that I cared about shiny/ matte finish (didn't even think to look at that!) but that is making a difference, I think.

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
01-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Well, that was the easiest transaction ever. They gave us the cash difference on the spot when we asked for the price adjustment. Kudos for a simple, hassle free customer service experience.

Beth

MMMommy
01-17-2010, 07:45 PM
And the nice thing about price adjustments at Costco is that you don't have to stand in the Customer Service/Refunds line. You go to the podium where managers usually hang around and get the price adjustments there.