View Full Version : Cankles at 21 weeks?
06-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Well, it was bound to happen eventually. It's been 100 degrees for the last two weeks and I'm swelling. My ankles have disappeared and my wedding ring barely fits. 21 weeks seems awfully early for this, though.
Anyone know what I can do to reduce the swelling?
06-22-2010, 01:36 PM
* sleeping with your feet propped on a pillow
* elevating your feet while sitting at a desk (assuming you work)
* watching TV with your feet up
* wear more supportive footwear (I lived in my Dansko brand clogs)
* try light-support hose (yeah, I know; we had a thread in the MomWear forum about how pantyhose are passe, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do)
* try not to stand for long periods of time
* increase your fluid intake (I had a CamelBak brand bottle that needed to be filled CONSTANTLY ... now that I am nursing, I've added 2 more bottles)
* watch your salt/sodium intake (I had to cut out all processed foods because they made me ill; it won't hurt!)
06-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm doing prenatal yoga and I swear it's helped with my foot/ankle swelling.
I am wearing my grandma's wedding band today, though (20 weeks) for the first time...my normally loose wedding & engagement rings were too tight becuase I ate Mexican last night!
06-22-2010, 01:49 PM
I was horribly swollen the second half of my pregnancy. Keeping my feet elevated as often as possible really made a difference (at work, home, and in bed). At night my feet would hurt from the skin being stretched so tight, so I would put a cold rice pack on them. That helped quite a bit.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.