PDA

View Full Version : S/O What was your Cabbage Patch Doll's name?

boogiemomz
09-17-2010, 06:43 PM
A couple of you mentioned the name of your CPD on the thread about hot toys from the past. These names never fail to crack me up. :ROTFLMAO:

Mine was Jamie Henrietta. :loveeyes:

What was yours?

elektra
09-17-2010, 06:46 PM
A couple of you mentioned the name of your CPD on the thread about hot toys from the past. These names never fail to crack me up. :ROTFLMAO:

Mine was Jamie Henrietta. :loveeyes:

What was yours?

Joellen Amanda
Dave Ulysses

mamicka
09-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Barbie Ricki

billysmommy
09-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Petula Peggie
Kali Birdie
Fanya Lavinia
and a koosa named Stanley

The names always crack me up :)

marie
09-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Bambi Johanna

I called her BJ for short. Oh the innocence of youth. :tongue5:

mommylamb
09-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Marion Karen. Funny how we all remember this.

boolady
09-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Louise Sherry
Lorelei Jerri

elektra
09-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Funny how we all remember this.
I know! I forget so many things these days too! But my Cabbage Patch Kids' names are apparently etched into my brain.
And awww, I even now have an older real DD with a younger DS. ;)

SnuggleBuggles
09-17-2010, 07:27 PM
I had a few but the one I remember is Randolph- he was of the international series and was a Russian dancer.

Beth

AbbysMom
09-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Woodworth Sherman. Isn't that horrible? I changed it to Joey.

KpbS
09-17-2010, 07:29 PM
We had a Henrietta too! Can't remember the others but I bet I have the "birth" certificates in the attic, lol.

boogiemomz
09-17-2010, 07:29 PM
OMG... I am rolling... :hysterical:

I think the reason we remember them is because they're SO memorable!!

Keep 'em coming... :bighand:

elektra
09-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Woodworth Sherman. Isn't that horrible? I changed it to Joey.
My brother had a Joey to start with. He is coming over tonight (brother, not Joey)- Mr. Fabulous NYC-dweller. I bet he remembers his Cabbage Patch Kids names though too! LOL!

fivi2
09-17-2010, 07:36 PM
I had adoption dolls, not cabbage patch kids, but mine were:

Felicia Lucille
Lance Baldwin (a New Ears Baby)

and I forget the preemie one's name. (I think it had Noel in it)

Cam&Clay
09-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Sandra Denice

My mother said we should call her Sandra Dee. So we did.

jgenie
09-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Jasper Buddy - blond curly hair, bright blue corduroy outfit w/ a teddy bear on the coat - I need to clean him up for DS1. :)

westgre
09-17-2010, 07:45 PM
I ended up with 28 dolls and 12 koosas, so I don't remember them all. But I remember my first.
Paxton Thurston

wellyes
09-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Andrea Ricki!

jgenie
09-17-2010, 07:48 PM
I ended up with 28 dolls and 12 koosas, so I don't remember them all. But I remember my first.
Paxton Thurston

Wow - 28!!

I had one and the only reason I got it was because the lady in line in front of my dad had two but her credit card would only take 1 so she kept the girl and my dad snatched up the boy for me. Funny how it sticks with you - that was 26 years ago almost to the day.

amm40
09-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Faye Gloria

I think it's a beautiful name, and planned on using it as a DD name. Until I married a man named Jay. Too similar, don't want to have to explain that a million times!

Seitvonzu
09-17-2010, 08:00 PM
i had 11 i think? my mother just mentioned that she still has them all (my brother had two and we each had a horse (grew up in texas)---

i don't remember all the names-- but my first was:
delilah carolina

and when i got my very much wanted boy he was:
rudy gilles (which i always pronounced "gil-les" but maybe it was actually giles? ji-els? i can't remember)

i had also had a red head named beatrix , one with glasses, a cornsilk kid, a preemie, oh my gosh--we had a ton. 11 sticks in my head. that seems excessive. maybe it was 8? still excessive. i liked them a LONG time :) also a horse, lots of accessories and lots of clothes

now i can't wait to "visit" my babies when we go visit my parents at the end of the month. my mom was just mentioning getting them out for the lu & her cousins to play with.

K-Bear
09-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Keeley Lillian:)

brittone2
09-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Marci but I can't recall the middle name.

She was a redhead.

catsnkid
09-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Clifford Everald. I had a girl too,I think her name was Ivy. He has a pink? courdoroy outfit. My sister's had a sailor suit. Got him almost 26 years ago the day after my bother was born.

MSWR0319
09-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Josephine ? - was the very first one I had
Hannah ? - was a cornsilk cabbage patch

Anyone know where we can get these anymore? I'd like to get DS one but I think they're impossible to find.

ilfaith
09-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Mine was Miranda Karleen. I babysat for a little girl who had one named Jacklyn Ruby, which of course made me think of the guy who shot Lee Harvey Oswald.

KpbS
09-17-2010, 08:43 PM
OMG... I am rolling... :hysterical:

I think the reason we remember them is because they're SO memorable!!

Keep 'em coming... :bighand:

They (the names) are such terrible pairings. Seems like they were named by a computer. So random.

sarahsthreads
09-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Cora Ivy

The weird thing is, I remembered without even having to think about it!

Sarah :)

MelissaTC
09-17-2010, 08:46 PM
I had a few of them and it is scary what I remember.

Liza (can't remember her middle name but I named her) had blue eyes and long straight blonde hair. My mom's friend crocheted a pretty yellow dress for me and I put her in that. I loved it.

Chachi Scott was my first boy. He had dark brown hair. My uncle sent him to me from Spain where he lived. Chachi had a matador outfit. ETA that I named him this. Yes, I loved Scott Baio.

Neil Michael was a cute one. He had brown curly hair and I dressed him in gray pants and a striped blue and pink shirt. Loved him.

Colette Marie was my last one. I kept her original name because it sounded exotic. LOL. She had brown hair and brown eyes. Her hair was long in the single ponytail down the back.

Corie
09-17-2010, 08:53 PM
I had a bald boy doll.

His name was Frankie Austin.

Momof3Labs
09-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Emmy Gay was my first and favorite. Olivia Darda was my second. My third was a redhead named Heddi, I think (we called her Heidi). I think that we had 14 in total in the house. I sold all but Emmy and Olivia (because Olivia has doll pox - some weird spotting all over her face) on eBay about 10-12 years ago.

I remember a boy named Gus, too - a baldie, he was cute!

ourbabygirl
09-17-2010, 08:56 PM
I had a dark brown haired one named Kaira (sp?), I think.... I remember that I got 'sick' into her yarn hair when I was little and at a Christmas concert ...boy, that must have been a mess for my poor mom to clean up!

and a boy from Russia named Martin (had a little red jacket & black pants)

I didn't even know/ remember they had middle names, and guess I never cared enough about them to rename them! Woops!

mommylamb
09-17-2010, 08:56 PM
I know! I forget so many things these days too! But my Cabbage Patch Kids' names are apparently etched into my brain.
And awww, I even now have an older real DD with a younger DS. ;)

Well I will come clean and admit that I had 5 CPKs, and I only remember the name of the first one. But she was the special one that I got when CPKs were almost impossible to find anywhere. The others came later when they were more available and less coveted.

R2sweetboys
09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
My first was Aileen Maryanne. My Mom waited in line for hours with her best friend to get it for Christmas. Sometime later I got a preemie named Eddie Woody. I was less than impressed with the names at the time! I can not even believe I remember these as my memory is horrible.

cleo27
09-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Cute thread!

My first was a preemie - Andi Golda. (My parents saved her and my DD loves to play with her.)

My second was Beatrix Louella.

I had a Koosa but don't remember a name. I wish we still had that one too.

It is funny how these names stayed with so many of us.

liamsmom
09-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Fun! Vivian Lily.

I think my sisters had a Maddie and a Joanna. Don't remember the middle names.

ha98ed14
09-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Myrtle Honey and Ricki Dora. They were twins :)

Corie
09-17-2010, 09:30 PM
and a koosa named Stanley

I don't remember the koosa. What is that?

scriptkitten
09-17-2010, 09:36 PM
gosh. i had like 14, no lie. i used to get one when i got on the honor roll.

cheryl kelly
mitch jackson
donovan quinn
eugenia rose
christy decima

i still have a keepsake box full of the original birth certificates that i found in my storage at my in-laws and was thumbing through it a few weeks ago. sad thing is that i still have all the dolls :)

AnnieW625
09-17-2010, 09:37 PM
I renamed my first one Michelle Amy. She had light brown hair with pony tails, and green eyes. She was a regular doll. I think her first name was Henrietta Josephine, but I am not 100% sure. The second one was a world traveler doll from Scotland and her name was Noelle Brunhilda. I kept her first name Noelle.

My brother's bald baby was originally Gordon, but my brother named him Chris, but for the most called him Baldy Baby; he was 3 or 4 when he got him. I don't remember the name of the second one he got at 6 or 7 but it was a baseball one so he named Ryan after Nolan Ryan.

kristenk
09-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Darlene Eva was blond with blue eyes.

She was actually a precursor to the Cabbage Patch dolls. I think her bum was signed by Xavier Roberts and I had to "formally" adopt her (hand in the air, documents signed) at the small store in the next town over that had the dolls. My mom showed me an article in the paper about them and I saved up birthday money to be able to adopt her.

I need to find her at Mom's house!

brittone2
09-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Oooooh...I remember the name but can't recall what those were. Off to google images LOL.

Okay, back...the koosas were animals I guess??

Some are kinda freaky looking :duck:

hopeful_mama
09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Winola Marni

I hadn't heard of koosas - they do look creepy!

edurnemk
09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Minnie Larina

I had my mom throw a birthday party for her, when she "turned one" according to her "birth certificate" LOL. I had my best friends come over and my mom baked a cake and everything. :hysterical: I think I was 6 or 7.

xmasbabycomin
09-17-2010, 10:25 PM
My names is Lisa and I had a transexual Cabbage Patch Kid.

It wasn't my fault-I swear.

A few years ago, my sis and I were sitting around talking about CPKs, much like this. She recalled a Christmas morning, about 30 years ago- how there were two under the Christmas Tree, and she woke me up excitedly, asking me if I wanted the Preemie or the one w/hair. I, half asleep, said, "w/hair". I basked in the memories of meeting Emily Jennifer for the first time, with her short brown hair and pretty pink dress.

My mom, sitting nearby, busted out laughing.

"So you never figured out that you really had a boy?" Umm...whaaa? Gears in my brain began turning, my world began to spin. Wait, the birth certificate: CARTER ULYSSES! Noooooo!

Somehow I felt betrayed, yet, admittedly, it was pretty hilarious. Apparently, my mom didn't think either of us would be as pleased w/ a male doll so she bought a dress, carefully took Carter out, changed & reboxed him and the rest is history. I vaguely remember asking about the name, never having heard it before, and her pretty much saying something generic like, "You know you can change the name. What do want to change it to?" Good ol' mom w/the redirection.

I generally think of myself as a very tolerant, accepting person. Maybe that's thanks to Carter.

brittone2
09-17-2010, 10:27 PM
My names is Lisa and I had a transexual Cabbage Patch Kid.

It wasn't my fault-I swear.

A few years ago, my sis and I were sitting around talking about CPKs, much like this. She recalled a Christmas morning, about 30 years ago- how there were two under the Christmas Tree, and she woke me up excitedly, asking me if I wanted the Preemie or the one w/hair. I, half asleep, said, "w/hair". I basked in the memories of meeting Emily Jennifer for the first time, with her short brown hair and pretty pink dress.

My mom, sitting nearby, busted out laughing.

"So you never figured out that you really had a boy?" Umm...whaaa? Gears in my brain began turning, my world began to spin. Wait, the birth certificate: CARTER ULYSSES! Noooooo!

Somehow I felt betrayed, yet, admittedly, it was pretty hilarious. Apparently, my mom didn't think either of us would be as pleased w/ a male doll so she bought a dress, carefully took Carter out, changed & reboxed him and the rest is history. I vaguely remember asking about the name, never having heard it before, and her pretty much saying something generic like, "You know you can change the name. What do want to change it to?" Good ol' mom w/the redirection.

I generally think of myself as a very tolerant, accepting person. Maybe that's thanks to Carter.
:hysterical:

That stuff is so much funnier once you have kids and realize the effort that took!!!

Corie
09-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I just emailed my sister and asked her. Her dolls were-

The boy was Paxton Cliff.

The girl was Nora Claire.

billysmommy
09-17-2010, 10:34 PM

This is very similar to what mine looked like

http://www.etsy.com/listing/20937016/vintage-cabbage-patch-kid-kooza

WitMom
09-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Robina Jacklyn. I didn't care for the name, but I didn't feel like it was right to rename her, so she stayed Robina.

infocrazy
09-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Gason Emil must have been French or something, I called him Emil and he was bald.
Arlo Wilson had brown hair, I called him Willie.

Both of mine were boys but my Grandma and her sister both waited in long lines for them and although they wanted to get me girls I loved them to pieces! :)

inmypjs
09-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Crandall Dixon (I changed his name to Christopher)
Barbra Candi (I even remember the spelling!)

MotownMom
09-17-2010, 11:24 PM
I can't believe I remember this...It was a boy--William Ackerly!!!

lmintzer
09-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Carlene Carma

Tenasparkl
09-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Jackie Lisette - she had short blonde/yellow loopy hair and a pacifier.

I had a few others but don't remember them as clearly. One had red braids and was Debbie something and I had a Dutch world traveler doll too. My brothers had them as well - one was Mal Adam and the other was Charlie something. He was bald and I was so jealous of that doll.

boogiemomz
09-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Did anyone else have the Christmas record? I just remembered it, and I played that thing to death. I LOVED it! On Christmas eve once, I asked my parents to come into my room and I played "Only One More Dream 'Til Christmas" for them. I was a sentimental fool at 6 years old. :bag

I may or may not have just downloaded the whole album after a quick google search. It WAS free though. I may need therapy.

GoBlue
09-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Mine was originally Ertha Lucette. I renamed her Heather Nicole.
My sister's was Karleen Di.
DH had one that his parents got in Italy, named Floriano.

dhano923
09-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Layla Ardra
Jessica Ann
Carolynn Rose

Neatfreak
09-18-2010, 03:21 AM
My kids brought two of my old dolls home from their recent visit with my folks:

Alphonsine Georgiana (newly renamed Nell)
Glen Reuben

and Glen has started cross-dressing as my old doll clothes are 90% dresses and bonnets ...

Neatfreak
09-18-2010, 03:21 AM
Ack! Double post!

jamesmom
09-18-2010, 04:02 AM
Tanya Bessie.

I still have her! She's now DD's CPK.

Melaine
09-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Greta....can't remember her middle name. I feel like a really bad doll-mommy.
She looked just like this with a yellow velour jumpsuit! http://cgi.ebay.com/CPK-Girl-yellow-hair-blue-eyes-Blue-signature-85-/370329337104?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5639593d10

MSWR0319
09-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Greta....can't remember her middle name. I feel like a really bad doll-mommy.
She looked just like this with a yellow velour jumpsuit! http://cgi.ebay.com/CPK-Girl-yellow-hair-blue-eyes-Blue-signature-85-/370329337104?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5639593d10

That's my Josephine too! She wore a pink striped jump shut!

candaceb
09-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Joshua Chadwick was the first - a bald baby
Juline Fay was the second - she had red hair and braids

I got one of the "preemies" later and didn't care that much by then so I can't even remember her name. But many times in the last year I have thought about the irony of that doll after I had a (micro) preemie of my own.

JElaineB
09-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I never got a real Cabbage Patch doll because they were too hard to find, I guess, but my mother had some soft dolls made for us that looked just like Cabbage Patch dolls. Mine was named Dorothy.

Momof3Labs
09-18-2010, 01:04 PM
This was my first - my Emmy Gay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cabbage-Patch-Kids-Vintage-Coleco-3-Poodle-Girl-/150469951286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2308b53f36

Maggie'sMom
09-18-2010, 11:33 PM
First One, a preemie was Diana Olivia, second one, a boy preemie with a paci was Giles Joshua, and my favorite--Cotilda Peggy. My mom still won't share how she accomplished finding this one. I wanted one that looked just like me at the time, long blonde hair and purple glasses. All of these dolls are still at my parents house and DD plays with them when we visit.

nrp
09-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Olivia Tamara

mommyp
09-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Larissa Enrica

swissair81
09-19-2010, 02:38 AM
I had a pigtailed red head that I named Aliza Rena (my kids still play with her at my mom's house)

and also a preemie named Sharon. (In my house, but I haven't seen her recently)